42- Infiltrated..

A few minutes later..

I wait patiently, as the woman named Jenna searches her small closet for the articles. I had come to Mystic Falls under the guise of a Researcher. This allowed access to both Elena and the She-Wolf, whom I still did not know the name of quite yet. This way, I could keep a constant eye on them. As Jenna searched her closet, Elena comes down the stairs. "Hey, what are you doing?" Elena asks, unbeknownst to my presence just yet. "Oh, perfect timing." Jenna says, handing her a box of materials. "Whoa, whoa. What is this stuff?" Elena asks, most likely struggling to hold the heavy box. "Your mom's files from the historical society. I got roped in to helping Mrs. Lockwood. And by roped, I mean I'm very excited to participate!" Jenna says louder, so that I could hear her. I smirk quietly to myself. It is clear Jenna is not exactly fond of History, however she tries to help regardless. I must admire that.. As I think that, Jenna closes the door to the closet, finally revealing my presence. The moment Elena sees I was there, she's startled. With a knowing smile, I introduce myself. "Hey. I'm Elijah." I say, trying my best to speak as Humans do nowadays. This way of speaking is hardly proper, nor am I fond of it. However, I must 'blend in'.. This was as Jonas; my Warlock acquaintance; had phrased it.

While Elena is frozen in place, Jenna places the files she held onto the table, before retrieving the ones Elena held

While Elena is frozen in place, Jenna places the files she held onto the table, before retrieving the ones Elena held. "Elijah's in town doing research on Mystic Falls." Jenna explains, walking away from Elena. I take this opportunity to walk over to her. "It's a pleasure." I say, holding out my hand for her to shake. She looks from my hand to me, before looking to Jenna who waited. Deciding it was best to play along, Elena shakes my hand. I give her another knowing smile, before releasing her hand. "So, you know, you're welcome to stay here and rummage through this stuff, or Elena and I could help you load it into your car." Jenna says kindly. Hearing this, I straighten my posture. "Yeah, or I can get someone to pick it up tomorrow." I speak, even though such phrasing was alien to me. No matter how many times I speak this way, I still cannot seem to sound natural while doing so. I must be careful not to 'slip up.' This was another odd phrase of Jonas'. Jenna laughs quietly. "Also a good plan." Jenna speaks. I chuckle quietly, nodding to her. "Thank you so much for inviting me into your home, Jenna." I say, following Jenna towards the door. "Oh, and Elena.." I say, stopping, and turning towards the startled Elena. "I hope to see you again sometime soon." I say with a smile, before walking out the door.

I wait until Jenna closes the door, before slowly peering to my left. Now that Jenna has kindly invited me into her home.. I knew Elena would attempt to warn the others, so, I use my Vampiric abilities, to enter an open window on the second floor. Just as I enter, I see her knocking rapidly on a closed door. This must be her brother's room. With this thought, I quickly make it to her side, snatching her wrist, startling her once more. She's about to scream, but I quickly motion for her to stay quiet, right before the door opens. "What is it?" The boy asks. Worried, Elena quickly corrects herself. "Jenna was just asking me to get you to help her with the boxes." She says. "Oh, yeah." The boy says, before heading down the stairs, unbeknownst to my presence on the other side of his doorway. With him now gone, Elena looks to me in fear. "That was a wise choice." I say, placing a hand in my jacket pocket. "...what do you want?" She asks worriedly. "I think it is time, that you and I had a little chat.." I say, earning a puzzled expression from her.