99- Familial Link

Elijah's P.O.V.

The next day..

Mother had left earlier this morning

Mother had left earlier this morning. Due to her absence, Raelyn and I decide to examine the room mother and Elena had spoken in last night. As we searched for anything out of the ordinary in it, I come across the burnt remains of a Sage stick, laying in an empty goblet. Narrowing my eyes, I take it in my hands. "This is Sage. My Mother cast a Privacy Spell last night.." I say, turning towards her, catching her attention. "I take it that means she really wanted to keep her plans a secret from eavesdropers?" She asks. "Indeed." He says. "Great..so what do we do now..?" She asks. Sighing, I speak. "The only way we are going to find the answers we need, is by speaking to Elena herself." I say. "But, she already lied to you about it. How are we suppose to get the truth out of her..?" She asks curiously. Sighing, I speak. "By resorting to a rather distasteful method. One I had hoped to avoid.." I say, before I make my way out of the room. Seeing this, Raelyn sighs, and follows after me. Noticing this, I stop, and turn towards her. "Apologies, Raelyn. But I cannot in good conscience ask you to accompany me for this next part. It involves a side of myself I would rather you not see." I say. Hearing this, she scoffs, and shakes her head. "Elijah, have you forgotten the fact that I literally watched you tear someone's heart out not even a week ago?" She asks, crossing her arms over her chest. "Whatever you're planning, I know you're only doing it to protect your family. Nothing you do or say today; or any other day for that matter; is going to change my opinion of you. Sorry Mr. Mikaelson, but you're stuck with me, whether you like it or not." She says with a smirk. Hearing this, I sigh in defeat, before chuckling to myself in amusement. Still as stubborn as always.. "Very well, Ms. Lockwood...then I shall hold you to that." I say, before sighing again. "I need to speak to Rebekah. What I have planned, I will need her assistance." I explain, before motioning her to follow me, as I search for Rebekah.

" I explain, before motioning her to follow me, as I search for Rebekah

Raelyn's P.O.V.

A couple hours later..

I watch from a distance, out of sight, as Elijah walks to Elena's front door. It was decided that I'd show myself only if Elijah gives me the okay to do so. This was his way of protecting me, incase things didn't go as planned. So, I listen in from afar, just incase things went south. "Elena." Elijah greets, once Elena opens the door. "Elijah." She says, trying her best at hiding her surprise. "I do not mean to intrude. I was hoping you might accompany me. I want to show you something." He says. Although hesitant, Elena finally agrees. Seeing them make their way to the car, I leave them behind, making my way towards the place he was bringing her to.