6- A Close Call

Once I find Mason, I notice Tyler was missing, and hurry to his side

Once I find Mason, I notice Tyler was missing, and hurry to his side. "Mason, we have a problem. Where's Tyler?" I ask immediately. Hearing this, he seems to understand the situation. He and I rush off to search for Tyler soon after. Before long, we find Tyler outside, fighting with the man I saw the one brother talk to. "S***!" I say outloud, before Mason and I sprint towards them. Once again, Mason jumps into the middle of the two. "Hey! Tyler, Tyler!" Mason calls out, grabbing ahold of him. Tyler ignores him, and continues fighting. "Get back! No, I said get back! Rae, give me a hand!" Mason orders, shoving himself between them again. I jump in immediately. As we're trying to break the two boys apart, Mason manages to subdue Tyler, and pushes Tyler into my arms, before he turns towards the stereo guy, who kept coming back each time he got pushed away. "What the hell man, I said get back!!" Mason says, trying to shove him away yet again.

However, the guy expects it this time, and punches Mason in the face, the force making him slam his back into a parked car in the parking lot we were in. My eyes widen. "Uncle Mason!" I call out in concern. Since I was distracted, Tyler manages to get by me, attempting to fight again. Seeing this, I snap out of it immediately, and separate them again, by kicking the back of Tyler's legs, making him fall to his knees, while I send the other guy onto his back. Once both were down, I look to Tyler, then to the other guy. However, the moment I look to the other guy, his fist makes contact with my face, snapping my head to the side. Blood flows from my now bloodied lip. That's it.. Anger boils in my chest, and I slowly look back towards him with a glare. Seeing this, he takes a step back, before snapping out of it, and launching another punch towards my face.

I quickly catch his fist in my hand, just a few centimeters before it would've made contact with my face

I quickly catch his fist in my hand, just a few centimeters before it would've made contact with my face. As he struggles against my hold, I squeeze his fist tighter and tighter, hearing the popping of his bones as I do. At this point, I knew my wolven eyes were glowing Gold, but I didn't care. Although I was pi****, I manage to keep control of myself.

Recovering from the hit, Mason runs up to me

Recovering from the hit, Mason runs up to me. The moment he sees my bloodied lip, his eyes glow Gold. Unfortunately, the moment his eyes change color, Tyler also sees them. "Your eyes..!" Tyler says terrified, yet also in awe. Mason ignores Tyler, and slowly looks towards the man, who's hand I still held in my grasp. Mason was Pi****. Before the guy can react, Mason B****slaps him, sending the guy falling onto his back, slamming it against the hard pavement. Once the man was finally down, Mason snaps out of it, and grabs Tyler by the shoulder. "Come on. Rae! Time to go!" Mason orders. Nodding, I hook my arm with Tyler's, before the three of us run off, leaving the Carnival behind.

Stefan's P.O.V.

What the hell..? After witnessing the fight, and seeing both Mason's and Rae's eyes changing color, I wait near a tree, until the three of them are gone. Once they were, I quickly run over to the guy, who was still on the ground, helping him sit up. "Hey, you alright man?" I ask. He takes a few deep breaths, before looking to me. "Why did I just do that..?" He asks. I sigh. "You were just in the wrong place at the wrong time.." I say, before leaving, to reconvene with Damon and Elena in Alaric's office.

Raelyn's P.O.V.

"Alright, we're home. Safe territory. Enough with the silence." Tyler says annoyed. "Leave it alone Tyler." I say, right before my chin is grabbed, and made to look at Mason, who quickly inspected my face, as he held my face in place. I roll my eyes and swat at his hand gently. "Ugh, for the 100th time, I'm fine! It was just one punch!" I say, fighting with him. Hearing this, Mason sighs in defeat, before letting my chin go, and patting my back. "Always acting tough.." he says. I smirk and look up at him. "I learned from the best." I say with a wink. He smirks, before wiping away the blood with a cloth. "Oh yeah? Who's that?" He asks. I shrug. "Some idiotic Uncle of mine." I say. Hearing this, he ruffles up my hair with his hand, earning another swat from me. Tyler growls in annoyance, catching our attention.

"Hi, now would somebody please explain to me what the hell that was back there?!" He asks. "Now I saw something, and I want an answer dammit!" Tyler yells. Mason narrows his eyes and stalks up to him. "You didn't see, anything." Mason says. "I saw you guys' eyes. They glowed!" Tyler says. I roll my eyes. "It's just the color of my eyes, it'snothing special." I say. "Oh yeah? What about Uncle Mason's then, huh? His eyes aren't that color and they were glowing as well, dip****!" Tyler fires back. "Reflection of a car headlight maybe, and don't talk to your sister like that man." Mason says. "Reflection of a car headlight? Do you seriously expect me to believe that?!" Tyler asks annoyed. Hearing this, Mason growls. "You wanna know what you saw? You saw me get pi**** off, because your anger problems got your sister hurt trying to protect your a**!" Mason snaps at him, poking him in the chest. At this, Tyler has nothing to say, as he finally look at my swollen, bloody lip. A Black and Purple bruise was already forming around the wound. Seeing this, he clicks his tongue in annoyance, and walks off. Mason and I sigh, exchanging the same look.

Once we knew Tyler was gone, Mason sighs again, before looking to me. "What do you know?" He asks. "Those brothers, they're onto us. They don't know what we are just yet, but they aren't far from finding out." I say. However, before anything else can be said, someone gasps, catching both Mason's and my attention. Mom stood in the doorway, eyes set on my bloody lip. "Raelyn Lockwood, what the hell happened to your face?!" She asks in shock. I sigh at this and shake my head, rolling my eyes. "Some drunks came to the school Carnival and started fighting. I intervened and got punched." I say, quickly forming a story to fit the wound. "What?!" She asks, before running over to me, and examining my wound. "Not the best idea I had, but I didn't want them to ruin the Carnival. Don't worry, they were taken care of by the sheriff once Uncle Mason found out. Anyway, I'm gonna go wash up and get some ice. Night you two." I say, before quickly escaping into my room.