37- A Familiar Face

Before either of us could reach the other, Elena inserts herself in front of me, immediately stopping Damon in his tracks. "Tell me Damon, when have I EVER been allowed to make a decision? Because last time I checked, you and Stefan always make sure to do that for me!" Elena snaps at him, before shaking her head. "No. Not this time. This time, it is MY decision." Elena says. "Who's gonna save your life, while you're out making decisions, hm?" Damon asks. "You're not listening to me, Damon. I DON'T want to be saved! Neither does Rae. Not if it means, that Klaus is gonna kill every single person that we love." Elena says. After a few moments pause, Damon speaks. "Get your a** out the door, before I throw you over my shoulder, and carry you out." Damon threatens. Hearing this, I growl lowly. "Just try it. I dare you." I say, shooting a death glare towards him. Hearing this, he slowly turns his glare on me.

However, before he can do anything, the doors slam open, revealing three grown men, walking inside

However, before he can do anything, the doors slam open, revealing three grown men, walking inside. One of the three men, stay at the open door, while the other two walk further inside. "We're here to meet the Doppelganger and Wolf." One man says. "Oh no...looks like you were too late...little Vamp.." I taunt Damon with a victorious smirk. Hearing this, he shoots a death glare towards me yet again. Seeing they were here, Elena steps forward. "Thank you for coming, we--" Damon cuts her off by latching onto her arm tightly. "I will break your arm, if you take one more step.." Damon warns her angrily. Seeing this, the men stop once they see Elena's face. "There's nothing here for you." Damon says, looking towards the three men. I roll my eyes. "There is too. I'm the Wolf, she's the Doppelganger, now can we get this thing over with? I'm sure we all have better places to be." I ask irritated, stepping forward.

However, before I can step forward too far, the man at the door, suddenly falls to the ground with a grunt, before revealing one face I never thought I'd see again

However, before I can step forward too far, the man at the door, suddenly falls to the ground with a grunt, before revealing one face I never thought I'd see again. My eyes widen immediately and I take a staggered step back. No way..! How the f*** is he..?! "Sh*t.." I breath out. Elena gasps in shock. "It really was him.." I hear her whisper to herself. Before I can ask her what she meant, Elijah uses his Vampiric Speed to rush to the remaining men's sides. They quickly look to him in confusion. Seeing we were all distracted, Rose flees the apartment with her Vampiric Speed, leaving us alone. Coward..

"I killed you. You were dead!" Damon says confused. "I have been dead for centuries now, if we are being technical." Elijah says, turning his gaze toward Damon, before looking over to Elena, and stopping on me. I narrow my eyes, shooting a glare at him. He seems to give a slightly amused smirk, before it quickly twists into a serious expression, as he turns towards the two men at his side. "Who are you?" He asks them. "Who are you?" The man I assume to be Cody asks. "I am Elijah." Elijah replies. Hearing this, Cody's eyes widen in fear. "We were gonna bring them to you, for Klaus. She's the Doppelganger. I don't know how she exists, but she does. Also, the woman next to her, is a Werewolf. Both of them, are what Klaus is looking for. He'd want to see them." Cody says. I watch their exchange carefully.

Elijah nods his head in understanding, before looking over Elena and I again. "Does anyone else know you are here?" Elijah asks. "No." Cody says. Hearing this, Elijah smirks to himself. "Well then, you have been incredibly helpful.." Elijah says, making my brows furrow. Something's not right.. As if to further solidify my suspicion, Elijah quickly disposes of them, by ripping their hearts out. They fall to the ground immediately, both dead. My eyes widen and I quickly look to him in confusion. What the hell..? Elijah looks to Damon, before dropping the men's hearts. Now it was Damon's turn to be confused. As Damon tries to understand what just happened, Elijah nods to us, before fleeing the scene just as quick as he had appeared. I stare on in shock, realizing one of the only people who could take us to Klaus, were just murdered right in front of us. What the hell are we supposed to do now..?! As I think that, Elena's voice snaps me out of it immediately. "What just happened..?" She asks. Hearing this, I narrow my eyes, and clench my fists. "Dammit..!" Is all I say, before leaving them behind.

"Rae? Where are you..? Ah, no..! Damon! Let..! Let me go..! Rae, Rae come back!" Elena calls out to me, as she struggles against him in vain. I stop at the doorway, glancing back towards them. "If you so much as take a single step near her, I will kill you." Damon warns. I sigh and shake my head. "Just so we're clear, she's the one who keeps coming to me. You want me to stay away? Fine. Then keep her the hell away from me." Is all I say, before leaving them behind. Even if we tried to reach someone else on that list of emails, Damon wouldn't allow it. Not only that but, since Rose called Damon herself, something told me that computer and those files no longer existed. Tyler's screwed, I'm screwed, and to top it all off, according to Cody, Klaus doesn't even know we exist, and thanks to the dead, not dead original Vampire a**hole, Klaus never will know now. So we have no hope of breaking the curse either. How lovely..

Elijah's P.O.V.

A few hours later..

"Where's your son?" I ask the Warlock, who walks into the room. "Asleep." He replies. I nod my head. "As you already know, your Shadow spell worked as you said it would. I thank you for that." I say, glancing over my shoulder, towards him. "Of course." He says. "However, I did have a little run-in with one of the brothers who had attempted to kill me previously." I say. "I assume he didn't live to tell about it." He says. "Actually, quite the opposite. I spared him." I say. "Oh?" He asks. I nod. "He and his brother would die before letting anything happen to Elena." I explain.

"What about the She-Wolf? Would they do the same for her?" He asks

"What about the She-Wolf? Would they do the same for her?" He asks. "No. In fact, I believe they would kill her without question, if they had the chance." I say. "Then, what would you suggest we do about that?" He asks. "Nothing. She is perfectly capable of handling herself, unlike a Human. They will both be safe. Provided that the She-Wolf does not provoke either of the brothers unnecessarily." I say. "Do you believe she will avoid angering them?" He asks. I chuckle. "When we first met, she made it a point to kick me in the face, knowing full well who I was." I say. "So...then do you believe she will avoid conflict with them in the future..?" He asks. I chuckle again, and look to him. "Not in the slightest." I say. How troublesome..