27- To Gain an Enemy

"Unless you wish to die a needless death, I suggest you say your goodbyes to Elena, and leave." Elijah warns me. Hearing this, I grit my teeth, glaring towards Elijah. I know this probably won't end well, but I can't just allow this sacrifice bull**** to happen. No matter who it is...I have to try my best to get her out of here.. "What are you doing here..? Why would you eve--" Elena cuts off, when she hears me scoff, and crack my knuckles. "You picked a bad time to threaten me Leech.." I say, before allowing my Wolven eyes to shine through. Seeing this, Rose and Trevor widen their eyes, and take a few steps back. Something about their gazes, piques my interest. Is that...fear..? Why..? Haven't they seen a Werewolf before..? Well, whatever. Works for me. Elijah chuckles in amusement, slowly clapping his hands, and taking a few steps closer towards me. "I will ignore your blatant disrespect, Wolf. Afterall, it is clear you are only doing so, to protect your friend. However, unfortunately for you.." Elijah trails off, using his Vampiric Speed to rush at me, and grab me by my neck, raising me off the ground. He glares up at me, as I struggle against his hold. "In your current state, you and I both know, that you can do nothing to stop me.." he says, his voice darkening.

Hearing this, I narrow my eyes, and kick him in the face

Hearing this, I narrow my eyes, and kick him in the face. He flinches only slightly, his head barely turning to the side. He scoffs in amusement, rubbing his jaw with his free hand, as a slight grin finds his lips, before he meets my gaze. "Did you honestly expect that to hurt me..?" He asks. "No, I just wanted you to quit yapping.." I say with a smirk. Hearing this, his amused grin vanishes, and he glares up at me, squeezing my neck tighter. Although it got harder to breath, I couldn't help but let out a slightly pained laugh. "Well...what do you know...it actually worked.." I manage to say, while a victorious smirk finds my lips. "Such arogance.." he hisses out. I let out a slight laugh. "Thanks...it's a hobbie of mine.." I say, still smirking. Seeing as how I still talked back, Elijah's glare gets sharper, but instead of snapping like he clearly wanted to, he composes himself, and sighs, forcing a grin again. However, instead of killing me like I was expecting him to, he tosses me away. I slam into one of the boxes of books around the room, sending books flying everywhere. As I struggle to get up, Elijah watches Elena hurry over to me. She tries helping me up, but I swipe away her hands, standing by myself. "Fortunately for you, I am not as quick to kill someone, as my brother is. You will have your time, just as Elena will. However, before that, we have a long journey ahead of us. We should be going now." Elijah says, looking between Elena and I, which confuses me. We..? The hell does he mean 'we'?? As I think this, Elena speaks, eyes watering in fear.

? The hell does he mean 'we'?? As I think this, Elena speaks, eyes watering in fear

She turns towards Rose. "Please, don't let him do this!" She begs, making Rose avert her gaze. "Ah, one last piece of business. Then we're done." Elijah says, backing away a few steps, before turning towards Trevor, and walking over to him. Trevor takes a shaky breath. "I've waited so long for this day, Elijah. I'm truly very sorry." Trevor says, as he visibly trembles. "Oh, no, your apology is not necessary." Elijah says. "Yes. Yes, it is. You trusted me with Katerina and I failed you." Trevor says, refusing to look at him, due to his shame. Elijah circles around him, before coming to a stop in front of him. "Well, yes, you are the guilty one, and Rose aided you because she was loyal to you. That, I honor.." Elijah says, meeting Trevor's gaze. "But...where was your loyalty?" Elijah asks. Trevor swallow nervously.  "I beg your forgiveness.." Trevor says. Elijah grins again. "So granted.." Elijah whispers. However, before anyone can react, Trevor is decapitated. I flinch, eyes widened in shock, as some blood splatters across my face, as I quickly look away from the body. Rose screams in sadness. "You-" Elijah cuts her off. "Don't, Rose. Now that you have won your freedom, do not waste it on people like him." Elijah says, wiping off his hand, before looking at us, and walking forward. My eyes widen, and I quickly pull Elena behind me again, just as Elijah stops, only a mere few inches away from me.

 My eyes widen, and I quickly pull Elena behind me again, just as Elijah stops, only a mere few inches away from me

He was so close, that I feel his breath on my face, as he looks me up and down. He chuckles slightly. "Do not worry. I do not intend to take Elena away from you. Afterall, you are the one, who eagerly volunteered to come with us. How could I possibly refuse such a display..?" He asks. I narrow my eyes in warning. He grins in amusement. "Come." He says, holding his hand out towards us. Elena gasps in fear, and latches onto my arm, digging her nails in it. "No, wait! What about the Moonstone?!" Elena asks, catching his attention immediately. "What do you know about the Moonstone?" He asks. "Elena, what are you doing..?! Do you want to die?!" I whisper lowly, glancing back at her. She doesn't answer. "I-I know that you need it, and I know where it is." She says, shaking. Does she want to be sacrificed?! As I try to understand her, Elijah speaks again. "I'm listening." Elijah says. Elena meets my gaze apologetically, before turning back to Elijah. "I can help you get it." She says. "Perfect, then tell me where it is." He says. "It doesn't work that way." She says, shaking her head.

"Are you negotiating with me?" Elijah says, before looking towards Rose. "It's the first I've heard of it.." Rose says, tears in her eyes, due to her loss. He slowly looks back to Elena, before noticing the necklace around her neck. "What is this Vervain doing around your neck?" He asks, before yanking her necklace off, tossing it away, and grabbing the back of Elena's head, pulling her closer. Seeing this, I immediately know his plan, and try covering her eyes before he can act. However, this only delays him. All it takes is a swat of his hand, to push mine away from her. Once freed, he forces her to look him in the eyes. "Tell me where the Moonstone is." He says, compelling her. "In the tomb, underneath the church ruins." Elena says blankly. "What is it doing there?" He asks. "It's with Katherine." She says, still under his control. Katherine..? Tomb under the church? What..? As I try to understand this information,  Elijah speaks. "Interesting." He says. However, before he can ask more, a loud distant crash echoes through the house, pulling his attention away. He takes a few steps back, looking around. "What is that?" He asks. "I don't know." Rose says, looking around. "Who else is in this house?" He asks. "I don't know." Rose repeats. Hearing this, Elijah sighs, and snatches both mine, and Elena's arms. "Tell me Rose, how many more surprise guests are you planning to have in this place..?" Elijah asks, before pulling us in front of him, and forcing us to walk. "Move." He orders. We have no choice but to follow.

Once in the main entrance, he stops, and looks around. However, when he does, a quick breeze flashes from behind us, while another flashes from the side of us. With this, it was clear, they were not the only Vampires in the house. However, due to the speed, none of us can see who it was. But, that didn't stop me from having a few guesses. Don't tell me...did they find out she's missing?! As I worry about this, Elijah sighs, and pushes Elena towards Rose. Rose secures a hold on her immediately. I try to head towards Elena, but Elijah pulls my arm back, stopping me. "Where do you think you are going? Do not think, that I don't know what you'll do, once you've reached her. For Rose's safety, you will stay with me." He orders. I furrow my brows in confusion. What I'll do..? What the hell is he talking about..? Just as I think that, another flash of wind, finds my ears. We both look to the right, where the noise came from, but still see no one. "I take it they are friends of yours?" He asks me. Something told me, my suspicions were correct, which makes me swallow nervously. "I...wouldn't call them...friends exactly.." I admit.