36- Intruder

After Alice gains access to his files, Elena speaks. "These are all leads to Vampires?" Elena asks. "Slater was obsessed. Almost as much as me." Alice explains. I roll my eyes silently, keeping my comments to myself. "What about that one? 'Cody Webber.'" Rose asks, before reading the subject of the emails. I look at the amount of emails it had. "It looks like they exchanged dozens of emails about that Elijah guy. Could be worth a shot, provided this Cody guy didn't have the same fate." I say with a shrug. "I could call him." Alice offers. Hearing this, Elena hands her the phone. "Tell him that we're trying to send a message to Klaus. The Doppelganger is alive, and she is ready to surrender." Elena says. Rose widens her eyes immediately. "What?!" Rose asks.

I sigh and shake my head. Although Rose knew we were trying to contact Klaus, we didn't tell her the full plan, because we knew she'd never go along with it. She was bound to find out eventually.. Ignoring Rose, I speak. "Tell him the Doppelganger is also with a Werewolf." I add. Alice looks between us in surprise. "Oh my god, I knew I recognized you! You're Katherine's Doppelganger!" She says to Elena, before looking to me. "And you, I knew there had to be a reason why you were here, but a real live Werewolf??" Alice asks surprised. I roll my eyes and snap my fingers to snap her out of it. "Focus Alice. The more appealing the message is, the more likely we are to reach him. Now get to it, we don't have all day." I say. "Oh, right!" Alice says. As Alice dials the number, Elena and I exchange a glance and nod to eachother, before walking back into the kitchen. We knew Rose would be hot on our heels.

Once in the kitchen, Rose stomps in right after. "What are you two doing?" Rose demands. I roll my eyes. "Isn't it obvious?" I ask, leaning against the counter. "We're getting Klaus' attention." Elena says. "If Klaus knows that you're alive, he'll find you, and kill you both." Rose says, before examining our facial expressions. "You don't say.." I say sarcastically. Hearing this, Rose widens her eyes again. "That is exactly what you two wanted all along." Rose says, finally realizing it. "It's either us, or our families. Choosing wasn't exactly rocket science." I say, waving her off lazily. "So this whole charade was a suicide mission, so you could sacrifice yourselves, and save everyone else." Rose says, putting the pieces together. Just as she says that, Alice comes into the kitchen. "Cody is on his way, and he really wants to meet you two." Alice says. "Good. We can't wait to meet him ourselves." I say, before noticing Rose closing her eyes. It was clear, she knew there was nothing she could do, to stop us. It's done...no going back now.. An image of Tyler, appears in my mind. I sigh and shake my head. Forgive me, Tyler...but this is the only way to protect you.. I sigh sadly, knowing Tyler will be furious with me, once he knows I'm gone. I didn't know much about the whole breaking the curse and all, but Katherine said that Klaus would break the curse. This was what drove me to make my decision. Mason said, that once the curse is broken, we won't have to turn anymore. Allowing Klaus to sacrifice us, seems to be the only way to ensure that the curse will be broken. I have to do this for Tyler.

Elijah's P.O.V.

"So, how exactly does this spell work?" I ask the Warlock sitting in the chair infront of me, as we looked at the many items he had placed on the table before me. "It would be better to show you, rather than attempt to explain it to you. Mind giving me your hand?" The Warlock asks, holding a small knife in one hand, while holding out another to me. Understanding, I nod and give him my exposed palm. Seeing this, he nods in thanks, before drawing my blood. "What now?" I ask. "Now, you place your wound on this picture of the Doppelganger, and give me your other hand. While doing this, I need you to close your eyes, and relax your mind. If you do as asked, you will be able to find your Doppelganger, as you requested." He explains. Hearing this, I nod, and begin.

Soon after, I find myself looking upon her at a familiar window. As I recognize the apartment she stood in, the She-Wolf from before walks over to her side. "You ready for this..?" The She-Wolf asks. "I won't let another person I love get killed." Elena says. "Good. Afterall, once this Cody guy appears, there's no turning back." The She-Wolf says. "Yeah, I know.." Elena says, before looking to the window again. The moment she does, she notices my reflection in the glass, immediately widens her eyes in fear, and gasps, before she quickly turns around, startling the She-Wolf. Seeing this, I smirk in amusement, before severing the connection, and opening my eyes. "You saw her, didn't you?" The Warlock asks. I smirk to myself. "I know exactly where they are." I say. "They..?" The Warlock asks confused. Standing, I straighten my jacket. "It seems we do not need to do another of these spells afterall. The She-Wolf is with her." I explain, before making my way towards the door.

Raelyn's P.O.V.

Seeing Elena freak out and turn around so quick, I turn as well, expecting a fight, only to see nothing was there. I furrow my brows and look back to her. "The hell you freaking out about now??" I ask confused. Elena doesn't answer, looking around in worry. Seeing this, I growl, and snap my fingers a few times in her face, which snaps her out of it. "I...I-I thought I saw.." Elena trails off. "Saw what? Don't tell me you've gone senile already, Cody hasn't even gotten here yet!" I say. Just as I speak, Rose walks towards us, coming from the kitchen, surprising me. I hadn't even noticed she left. "What's with all the noise just now?" Rose asks. Ignoring the question, I speak. "Where'd you run off to..?" I ask her. She doesn't reply, waiting for Elena's answer. "I-Its nothing. Don't worry about it." Elena says. Hearing this, Rose sighs, and shakes her head.

An hour later..

As Elena and I walk out from the kitchen, Elena and I, happen to see Alice standing near the window, looking suspicious. Seeing how she looked, I immediately stop Elena from walking towards her. "Something's wrong.." I say. The moment I do, something about Alice's expression changes, as if she spotted someone behind us. Elena and I immediately turn on our heels, coming face to face with a very angry Damon. "What are you doing here?" Damon asks Elena, before looking to me, eyes narrowing in sheer anger. "You..!" He says, taking a step forward. Seeing Damon's reaction, Elena quickly pushes me behind her. "What are you doing here?!" Elena retorts. That's when Rose walks in, guilt on her face. I put two and two together and sigh, shaking my head. "So, that's what you came back from doing earlier.." I say, shooting a glare towards Rose. Elena turns towards Rose.

"You called him?!" Elena asks. "I'm sorry, Elena." Rose says. "You said you understood!" Elena snaps at Rose. "She lied." Damon says. I scoff and shake my head. "You Vamps are all the same, can't trust any of you with anything.." I say annoyed. "I still can't believe you're Damon Salvatore!" Alice says, walking over to us. Hearing this, Damon looks to Rose. "Get rid of her." He says, before looking back to Elena. "Come on, we're leaving." He says, turning towards the doors. "No." Elena says. "I said we're leaving." He says. Hearing this, I clench my hands into fists, narrowing my eyes into a glare. "I'm not going with you." Elena repeats. "You don't get to make decisions anymore." Damon says irritated. That's it.. "She said no, Leech." I say. Hearing this, Damon chuckles in amusement, before slowly turning towards me. "You really should've stayed quiet.." he says, before charging at me. "And you really should've stayed home.." I say, cracking my knuckles, as my wolven eyes show.