29- The Looming Threat..

By the time we made it back to Mystic Falls, it was already dark out. Dammit, Tyler's going to kill me. I was hoping the whole rescue mission bull**** would be quick and easy, and I'd be back by the time he got out of school.. I sigh to myself, as Damon pulls up to mom's house. "Thank you, for choosing Salvatore Express. Now get out." Damon says. Stefan sighs and shakes his head in disapproval. "Really, Damon? Can't you be a little nicer? She protected Elena for God's sake." Stefan scolds. Damon scoffs. "She's not dead, how much nicer do you want me to be?" Damon retorts. Rolling my eyes, I open the door, and climb out. "Don't worry, I don't expect much from people like him. Besides, this is already more mercy than what Mason ever got.." I say, shooting a glare towards Damon, before slamming his door, and walking away. "You're welcome!" Damon calls out, clearly annoyed, before speeding off.

Once I reach the door, I stop, and lean my forehead against the cool door. After I take a few calming deep breaths, I prepare myself for Tyler's inevitable anger, before opening the door, and walking inside. However, much to my surprise, the house was dark and quiet, as I step inside. Seeing no one waiting to scream their head off at me, I let out a quiet sigh of relief, before quickly making my way up the stairs, and into my room. Once inside, I hurriedly close my door, locking it tight, before sighing in relief. Turning around, I face the familiar surroundings of my bedroom. Although every part of me wanted to say f*** it, and curl up in bed right then and there, I knew I had to clean myself up first. After the bull**** I just went through, I need a shower, AND a bath just to make me feel better, because last night and today sucked a**. Not only that but...if mom or Tyler manage to come in, and they see me like this, I'm screwed.. With that thought, I sigh in exhaustion, and trail into my bathroom, which connected to my room. As I turned on the water, so it could heat up, I chance a glance at myself in the mirror above my sink. A mixture of dirt, sweat, and blood spots, dotted all over my body and clothes. "Damn, you and I have definitely seen better days, haven't we..?" I ask myself, before sighing, and getting to work. Well, at least we won't have to deal with Elijah again...let's hope the other Originals stay far away from us..

Stefan's P.O.V.

After Elena explained to us what happened, and why she was abducted, I had brought her home, so she could be with her family. As I return home, and walk into the main room, I see Damon taking a drink. "Where's Elena?" He asks, sensing my presence. "She's home." I say, walking over to him. "And you're here why?" He asks. I sigh, hands in my pockets. "Because she wanted to be with Jeremy." I explain. He nods slightly, before handing me a glass of my own. "Thanks." I say, before sighing, and sitting on the table behind him, turning back to him. "Hey, listen. What Rose told Elena about the curse.." I trail off. "I know. We'll keep her safe." He says, taking another drink. "Yeah, I know we will, that's not what's worrying me.." I say, trailing off.

Damon sighs and looks towards me

Damon sighs and looks towards me. "Oh..? Then what is..?" He asks. I sigh. "A few things, actually, but one of the biggest things is...the fact that Rae most likely heard everything Rose said too.." I trail off again. He motions for me to continue. "If you remember, her and Mason only came to this town, to break their curse...now, I don't think she'll try anything, since she protected Elena and everything, but...we should still be careful around her, and try not to...provoke her anymore than we already have.." I say. Damon scoffs and shakes his head. "So basically, that's your not-so-subtle way of asking me to play nice with the She-Wolf, am I right?" Damon asks, crossing his arms over his chest. I sigh and shake my head. "No, Damon. That would be my not-so-subtle way of 'Telling' you to play nice with the She-Wolf...because the last time I 'Asked' you to play nice with someone, you completely ignored me, which forced them to retaliate, and ultimately ended up with you having to rip her Uncle's heart out." I say. He rolls his eyes, taking another drink, and turning back to his bottle of booze. "Please Damon, for Elena's sake...leave the Lockwoods alone." I say, practically begging him. Seeing this, he sighs, grabs his bottle of bourbon, and walks away. I sigh, shaking my head. I guess that's as good of an answer as I'm gonna get..