8- Bad Moon Rising..

Raelyn's P.O.V.

Once we're sure Tyler gives up, Mason and I back track to the underground cellar

Once we're sure Tyler gives up, Mason and I back track to the underground cellar. Walking down into where the cells are, we inspect the old chains that decorated the walls. Touching one of the chains, I can't help but feel a shiver go down my spine. I always hate having to chain ourselves up...it makes me feel sick.. Seeing the way I looked at the chains, Mason sighs, and walks to my side, placing his hand on my shoulder. "Hey, it's just for one night. Try not to think too much about it. This is just to ensure the safety of others." He says soothingly. I sigh and hug myself. "Yeah...I know...but it doesn't make it easier.." I say, averting my gaze. "Uncle Mason...I don't want to do this anymore..! I just wanna find the Moonstone already and break this stupid curse..!" I say, as tears fill my eyes, fearing tonight's inevitable torture. He sighs and pulls me into a hug. "I know Kid...I know.." he says, trying to calm me down. I know I should calm down, just like I know freaking out about it won't solve anything but...all I can think about, is once again having to feel the pain of all my bones breaking and rearranging.. With that thought, my body shakes in fear.

A half an hour later..

After calming down and inspecting the cellar, Mason and I walk up the steps leading into the house. As we enter the house, we hear voices from Father's office, and decide to listen in. "We don't talk about those kinds of rooms.." I hear mom say. "Why not?" Tyler asks. "Well, this is the south, honey. But, no one likes to reminisce about the old slave days.." mom replies. Hearing this, it doesn't take me long to figure out what they're talking about. Tyler must've gone down into the cellar.. Sighing, I look to Mason, who looks to me, before sighing as well. "Come on." Mason says quietly, before heading into the office as well. "Hey. What are you guys talking about?" Mason asks, feigning ignorance. Hearing Mason, Tyler jumps slightly, before clearing his throat. "We were just talking about the old Lockwood property. I'm having some friends over. It's hot out today, figured we could hang out at the watering hole." Tyler says, nodding to mom.

Hearing this, I can't help but widen my eyes. Tonight..? Worry sets in immediately, and I chance a glance towards Mason. Although he too was worried, he quickly hides it. "Well, be careful. If anything happens on the property, the family is liable." Mom says. Tyler smiles and nods. "Of course." Tyler says, before walking away. Mom sighs and excuses herself soon after, leaving Mason and I alone. Once we're sure both of them are out of ear shot, I speak. "Dammit, what do we do? If they're not gone by toni-" Mason cuts me off. "I'll handle it. You stay here and look for that stone." Mason says, patting my shoulder, before walking away. I check the time on my phone. Still got a few hours until we have to head down there to prepare. Sighing, I look around the now empty office. Please let tonight go as smooth as possible..

Mason's P.O.V.

A few hours later..

As I pull up to the watering hole, I see Tyler and another kid his age look my way. "What's your uncle doing here?" The kid asks. Instead of answering, Tyler walks towards me, just as I come to a stop. All these kids here...they've gotta be out of here before dark. If they aren't all gone when Rae and I turn...it'll be bad. Once over to me, Tyler speaks. "You busting us, or are you joining us?" He asks, stopping at the open window. I smirk. "Neither. I'm just hoping you can make sure everyone's out of here by dark." I say. His brows furrow. "What happens after dark?" He asks. "Someone ends up wasted and dead at the bottom of the lake." I say matter-of-factly. Or worse.. Hearing this, Tyler chuckles, thinking I'm joking. "You heard your mom. The family's liable if anything happens." I say strictly. Tyler rolls his eyes. "Don't be a party-killer." He says, annoyed. I smirk. "Hey, I didn't say to stop partying. I just said you have to take it elsewhere." I say. Hearing this, he sighs, and nods. "Alright. We'll be out of here." He says reluctantly, before heading towards the other kids. Seeing this, I sigh. Let's hope he's smart and does what I told him..

Damon's P.O.V.

"Hey guys, check this out

"Hey guys, check this out." Ric calls out, holding one of the notebooks Isobel had written in. Ric had decided to bring us to Duke, to look through Isobel's things. Finally, let's hope we can find what we came for soon, the day's wasting. Elena and I walk over to him, grabbing the book in his hands. "There's no record of Werewolf Mythology in Mystic Falls. But, here are some records of some of the lesser known legends. Everything from Scandinavian Skin-Walkers, to the Maréchal de Retz." Vanessa; Isobel's old student; explains as she points to one of the notebook's pages. "This page right here. It roughly translates to 'The Curse of The Sun and Moon.'" She explains. "It's Native American." Ric explains. "Aztec. It explains one origin of the Werewolf Curse, traced through Virginia." Vanessa corrects. "The short story: 600 years ago, the Aztecs were plagued by Werewolves and Vampires. They terrorized the countryside, made farming and hunting impossible. Until, an Aztec Shaman cursed them. The Shaman, made Vampires slaves to the Sun, and Werewolves servants of the Moon. As a result, Vampires could only prowl at night, while the Werewolves could only turn on a Full Moon." She explains, before making sure we were still following her. Once she saw we were, she continues.

"When the Full Moon crests in the sky, who's ever unlucky enough to fall under the Werewolf Curse, turns into a wolf." She says. I nod at this. "Can they control the transformation?" I ask. "If it were a choice, it wouldn't be called a Curse." She says snarkily. Seeing this, I give her a mocking smirk. "Werewolves will attack Humans. But, Instinct and centuries of Rivalry have hardwired them to hunt their prey of choice: Vampires." She says. Hearing this, my head shoots up from the book immediately. Elena and Ric both turn towards me. Looking between them, I look to Vanessa. "Well, if Werewolves are hunting Vampires, I would know about it." I say, holding onto this fact. Or at least I hope so, otherwise I am screwed with a capital 'S' the moment those two find out about what I did last night.. "Not if there aren't that many Werewolves left alive." Vanessa retorts, making my brows furrow. "Hundreds of years ago, Vampires hunted them almost to extinction." She explains. "Why would they do that..?" Elena asks. "To protect themselves. Legend has it that a Werewolf Bite is Fatal to Vampires." Vanessa explains. Hearing this, I Curse under my breath, before taking a few steps away from them. "Oh.." I say trailing off, finally realizing the position I was in. Well, s***..

 Well, s***

Raelyn's P.O.V.

I sit in the passenger seat of Uncle Mason's vehicle, my leg bobbing up and down, due to my nerves going haywire. It's almost time...God, I hate this feeling.. Once we make it to the underground cellar, Mason stops the car, and looks to me. "You ready..?" He asks. I meet his gaze, fear clear on my face. "No...but what else is new..?" I ask, before sighing in defeat, and unfastening my seat buckle. Soon, I follow Uncle Mason down the cellar stairs.