71- All Bets Are Off..

In the morning, just as Elijah said, we made our way to the Salvatore's house. As we were walking to the back door, Elena sees us, and cautiously approaches the door. "What happened?" Elijah asks, once she reaches the door. Elena quickly shushes him, before tapping her ear, and pointing up. "I'll tell you, but not here." She whispers quietly. "Then let's go. Both of us have questions that need answering. Especially now." I whisper back, crossing my arms over my chest. "Can I trust you..?" Elena whispers. I scoff quietly. "You've got alot of nerve talking about Trust.." I whisper quietly, shooting a glare towards her.

Shortly after making it back to the ruined cell last night, Elijah had told me everything that went down that night we were supposed to meet. Turns out, Alaric was the one who stabbed him the first time, but didn't know he had to leave the dagger in his chest, so Elijah quickly came back to life. Then, Elijah went to the log cabin, to take Elena. But, Elena tricked him, and stuck him with the dagger instead, leaving it in his chest, where it had stayed, until I removed it. "Can I trust you..?" Elijah asks sternly. "Without the dagger I took, she's harmless." I say quietly, motioning for the dagger at my waist. Looking towards the dagger, Elijah nods. "Very well." He says. With that, the three of us leave together, just as quietly as we came.

Stefan's P.O.V.

A strange feeling awakens me from my sleep. Looking to the other side of my bed, I see Elena is missing. Something felt wrong, making me jump out of bed, and start looking for her. Hurrying downstairs, I call out to her. "Elena?" I call out, making it to the bottom of the stairs. Seeing Andie walking out of the living room, I speak. "Hey, have you seen Elena?" I ask. "No." She says, right before Damon comes down the hall. "Oh, my coffee." He says, before exchanging a few kisses with her. Worried, I speak. "Hey, where's Elena?" I ask him. "I don't know, Stefan. She's your girlfriend, mine's right here." He says, before they continue their session. Sighing, I take my phone out, and call her. Getting voice-mail, I sigh, and leave a message. Making my way down the hall more, I see the basement door open, and stop in my tracks. I've got a bad feeling.. With that thought, I quickly make my way downstairs. Seeing me book it for the basement, Damon isn't far behind me. Quickly making it to Elijah's cell, I see it empty, and sigh. Dammit.. Damon skids to a halt right next to me, sighing as well. "No, she didn't.." he says in disappointment.

Third Person's P.O.V.

Katherine grabs two coffee cups, listening in to Klaus' conversation. "I'll be back as soon as I can." The Warlock, named Maddox says, walking out of the door. "Yes, do hurry. I'm anxious to get out of this body. If you get hung-up, call me. You know how impatient I get." Klaus says, before closing the door, and walking back towards her. "Where is he going?" She asks, holding out a mug to him. Klaus smirks and takes it. "To retrieve me, so I can get out of this bad hairdo." He says, walking around her. "Are you sure that's a good idea, Klaus?" She asks. "Well, the Full Moon is almost upon us. I've killed their Witch, I have the Moonstone, and the Doppelganger is waiting in the wings. I am ready to break this curse." He says. "And, why would you do that here? There's so many people who'll try to stop you." Katherine says.

Sighing, Klaus speaks. "Because I have to. It's the birthplace of the Doppelganger." He replies. "Didn't realize that was a requirement." She says. "Well, how could you? You betrayed me and fled to England before I could give you the details, Katerina. But.." he trails off, getting closer to her. "I did find your birthplace and I slaughtered your family, so, I guess we're cool." He says, taking a strand of her hair, making her stiffen up. "Let's just hope that Elena isn't as stupid as you were.." he says, releasing her hair, and walking away. Katherine sighs and turns towards him. "She won't run. She'll die before she lets anyone that she loves get hurt." She says, shaking her head in disappointment. "And that's exactly what I'm counting on." He says before meeting her gaze. "You can't leave until I tell you to." He compels, before leaving the apartment behind.