88- Family Reunion..

Author's Note: Nothing changed in this chapter, I just am having connection issues, and can't tell if it's updating properly :/

The next day..

I quietly follow after Klaus as he tries to call Rebekah. "Rebekah, where are you? Pick up the phone, darling. Daddy's dead. It's time for a family reunion." He says with a smirk, hanging up, only to get another call right after. "Stefan. Miss me already?" Klaus asks, answering the phone. Hearing this, I listen in. "I'm just calling to thank you for my freedom." Stefan says. "Well, I'd like to believe that I'm a man of my word, more or less." Klaus says, before smirking back at me, motioning me towards our destination. Nodding, I pass by him, while still listening to the call. "Thing is, it came at too high of a price. You took everything from me, Klaus." Stefan says. "Let bygones be bygones. Trust me, resentment gets old." Klaus replies, before motioning for me to open the back of the truck, where he kept his family in coffins. Nodding, I push the door up, opening it. "You know what never gets old?" Stefan asks, just as I finish opening the truck, revealing it was completely empty. Seeing this, my eyes widen immediately, and I quickly look to Klaus. "Revenge." Stefan says.

At first Klaus is shocked, but soon, his shock becomes rage, and he turns away from the empty truck. "No." Klaus says. "What's the matter Klaus, missing something?" Stefan asks innocently. Klaus motions for me to close the truck. I do as I'm told, and follow after Klaus. "What are you doing?" Klaus asks him. "I'm just enjoying my freedom." Stefan says casually. "I will kill you and everyone you've ever met." Klaus threatens. "You do that, and you will never see your family again. I wonder, Klaus, as someone who's been one step ahead for a thousand years, were you prepared for this?" Stefan taunts him. Instead of answering, Klaus hangs up the phone, and turns towards me. "Find them!" He orders angrily. "What about you?" I ask. "Tony will take over your station when I am out and about. I do not wish to hear from you, or see you, until my family is found." He orders. Nodding in understanding, I leave him behind.

It had been a few hours since leaving Klaus. As I'm making my way through the woods of Mystic Falls, my phone rings, making me stop. Grabbing it, I answer. "Klaus?" I ask after seeing the caller ID. "Stefan just killed Mindy and Tony is missing. I assume he is dead as well. Have you found my family yet?" He asks. "No, but I'm trying." I say. "Then try harder. In the meantime, I'll be speaking the the founder's council, see if they might be able to protect my Hybrids from Stefan, tonight at the bridge fundraiser." He says. Hearing this, concern finds my chest. "You won't hurt any of them, right..?" I ask. "If by 'any of them' you mean your mother, then no. Unless you fail me, of course." Is all he says, before hanging up. I sigh, before tucking my phone away. Then it looks like I better not fail.. Shaking my head, I start walking again, continuing my search.

The next night..

Shortly after the sun had set, as I was searching in another part of the woods surrounding Mystic Falls, Klaus called me. He revealed he had gotten impatient and had one of the Hybrids find Bonnie's mom, after learning Bonnie had someone looking for her. The Hybrid got to the mother before her, and forced Bonnie to tell him where the coffins were being held. Worrying for their safety, Bonnie told the Hybrid everything she knew. So, Klaus asked me to meet him at the house he was renovating. Knowing he had it under control, I do as I'm told.