57- A Familiar Tale..

After a while, as I'm walking behind the others, I start to feel light headed, and place my hand to my head, in an attempt to help

After a while, as I'm walking behind the others, I start to feel light headed, and place my hand to my head, in an attempt to help. I subconsciously slow down, as I press my hand to my head. Caroline and the Salvatores don't notice my slowed steps, and keep walking. I try to follow after them, but after a few moments, I start to feel dizzy, and unintentionally sway a bit too much, beginning to fall. As I do, someone catches me, before I can fall too far. Feeling I wasn't falling anymore, I dizzily look up at the one who caught me. It was the unfamiliar man again. Before I can say anything, Caroline looks back, before calling my name. "Rae!" She says, hurrying over to me. "She's not as quick to heal as the rest of you. She's losing too much blood." The unfamiliar man explains. Hearing this, Caroline nods in understanding, before attempting to bring her hand to her mouth. Seeing this, I smack her hand away clumsily, knowing what she planned to do. Eyes widening, she looks to me in surprise. "Rae..?" She asks. "Don't...even think about it.." I say strictly. "But..!" She says, earning a weak shove from me. "You've...been through enough tonight...I'll be fine...just need some rest.." I say stubbornly.

"Then stop being dramatic and get up if you're fine. We're going, with, or without you." Damon calls back annoyed, before walking out of view. Nodding my head, I look to Caroline. "Go ahead...I'll catch up.." I say, before I force myself to stand. Seeing I was now standing, Caroline hesitantly walks back to the others, glancing back towards me here and there as she did. Seeing I was still standing, she looks forward once again, and walks off with the brothers, soon disappearing into the trees. Once they're out of sight however, I am only able to take a couple more steps, before falling once again. Thankfully, this time I catch myself with one of the trees around us. The unfamiliar man sighs and shakes his head, before speaking. "You were right, she's far too stubborn for her own good.." he speaks, confusing me at who he was talking to. That's when the sound of footsteps to my left, find my ears.

 That's when the sound of footsteps to my left, find my ears

"You are in no condition to be this stubborn, Ms. Lockwood.." an all too familiar voice speaks up. Recognizing the voice, I sigh, and shake my head. Dammit.. Soon, Elijah comes to a stop at the man's side. Seeing him standing there, looking down at me, as I steadied myself on the tree, I sigh. "Look...can we...talk about this tomorrow...I've had a really bad night...and I just want to go home.." I say dismissively, before looking forward, and attempting to take another step.

However, my legs have no intention of obeying me this time, and simply give out. I only fall a few seconds, before I'm caught once again. "I specifically remember asking you to stay put, and stop trying to get yourself killed, Ms. Lockwood." Elijah's speaks, his voice closer to me, than he had been a few moments ago. My vision blurred in and out, due to the bloodloss I was currently experiencing. Focusing back on his words, knowing what he meant, I sigh, and speak. "In my defense...I wasn't trying...to get myself killed...I just...wanted to...protect...my...brother.." as I spoke that sentence, my voice became quieter and quieter. My vision faded in and out the entire time, until finally, everything goes dark, and my body goes limp.

Elijah's P.O.V.

Feeling her body go limp in my arms, I sigh, and shake my head

Feeling her body go limp in my arms, I sigh, and shake my head. This woman.. Sighing once more, I look over her unconscious figure. "You truly are too stubborn for your own good, Ms. Lockwood.." I say, shaking my head, before folding up one of my sleeves, and proceeding to bite into the palm of my hand. Once done, I place my hand to her slightly opened mouth, allowing my blood to flow into her. Once I'm certain I've given her enough, I remove my hand, and bring out my handkerchief, to wipe my hand. Looking around the empty area, I look to the Warlock. "Jonas, what of her brother?" I ask curiously. "He was unharmed. However, he chose to stay behind with the rest of the wolves. It seems her efforts were wasted on him tonight." Jonas explains. Hearing this, I shake my head in disappointment, before lifting her into my arms. "Doing so much for ones family, only to be betrayed by them in the end. I know this tale all too well. Let us hope it does not end the same way for her.." I say, trailing off. "You've done well tonight Jonas. Return and rest, we will speak more tomorrow." I say, before walking away with her.

Raelyn's P.O.V.

An hour later..

When I come to, I find myself in my room, laying on my bed. Confused, I rub my eyes a few times, to make sure I wasn't dreaming. Seeing I was still here, my brows furrow, and I quickly look to my side, to check my wound. But, to my surprise, there was no wound in sight. The only thing left, was the dried blood. "What..? How di--" I cut myself off, noticing a slight coppery taste inside my mouth. Knowing what that meant, I sigh, and place my hand over my face. "Elijah must've.." I trail off, and sigh in defeat. Too late now...I guess I'll have to thank him next time, even if I wish he hadn't done that.. Sighing, I slowly slide to the side of my bed, and stand up. What time is it? Whatever, I better get washed up before mom finds out.. With that thought, I make my way to the bathroom.

Author's Note: I decided to throw Elijah in, to get some Raelijah content, because I miss their bantering. I figured it had been a while since he showed up, it doesn't affect much, so why not. ;)