72- Explanations

Raelyn's P.O.V.

After making sure mom wasn't home, we make our way to my house. As we sit in the living room, Elijah speaks. "Judging by what Ms. Lockwood told me last night about Luka, I assume that both Martin Witches are no longer with us." Elijah asks Elena. "No, I'm sorry." Elena says with a sigh. I sigh and shake my head. As I thought.. "And Katerina? She would have been released from my Compulsion, when I died." He says. "Klaus took her." She replies. "That explains why she didn't come to stop me last night.." I think outloud. "She dead?" I ask her. "I doubt that. It is not Klaus' style. Death would be too easy for her after what she did." Elijah explains. "Charming.." I say sarcastically. "I don't understand. You say that you want Klaus dead...but you still made Katherine pay for betraying him.." Elena says. "I have my own reasons for wanting Katerina to pay." Elijah says. I scoff and lean back into the couch. "Don't we all.." I say, more to myself, than them. "I believe a bit of backstory is in order." Elijah says, catching our attention. "Oh?" I ask curiously. Elijah nods. "There was once a time, that I'd have done anything for Klaus.." Elijah says, as a distant expression rises onto his features. Before I can say anything, Elijah quickly snaps out of it. "You see, Klaus, is my brother." He admits, making my eyes widen in shock.

"I heard that, but, I'm still processing

"I heard that, but, I'm still processing.." Elena says, just as shocked. "Yes. Now, I'm a little behind on the times, but, I believe the term you are searching for is OMG.." Elijah says, before taking a drink from his teacup. Did he just say that Klaus is..? Snapping out of it, I quickly speak. "Wait, wait, pause. Rewind. What did you just say?" I ask, still stunned. "Klaus, is my brother." Elijah repeats, looking to me. I nod my head, as I process this new information. "That's...what I thought you said. So, that's the brother you mentioned,  back at Rose and Trevor's place.." I trail off, remembering how he and I first met. After a few moments, I shake my head, and look to him again. "And...you...want him dead..?" I ask concerned. Elijah sighs and nods, looking to me. "This must seem quite hard to imagine for you; being a sibling yourself.." he says. Blinking a couple times, I sigh, and nod. Looking down to my knees, I speak. "Yeah, a bit, I mean...he's your brother. I can't even picture how I'd go from loving Ty, to wishing him dead.." I say honestly. Elijah sighs and nods in understanding. "It is my sincerest hope, that you never have to, Ms. Lockwood. Truly." He says, before standing, and looking in a mirror, as he fastens one of the buttons of his suit.

"So, there's a whole family of Originals?" Elena cuts in, catching both of our attentions. "That's nothing new at least. I mean, we knew there were more than one." I say. "My father, was a wealthy land owner in a village in Eastern Europe. Our mother bore 7 children." He continues. "So, your parents were Human?" Elena asks, standing. "Our whole family was. However, our origin as Vampires is a very long story, Elena. Just know, we are the oldest Vampires in the world. We are The Original Family and from us, all Vampires were created." He explains. "Right, but Klaus is your brother, and you want him dead?" She repeats my previous question, clearly wanting him to explain. Elijah is silent for a few moments, most likely figuring out what she was hinting at. After a few moments of silence, he speaks again. "I need some air. I am still feeling a tad...dead. Ms. Lockwood..?" He asks, holding out his hand for me. I look back and forth between his face and hand, before sighing, and standing on my own. "Why don't the 3 of us take a stroll around the grounds." He offers. I sigh quietly. "Dont see why not." I say with a shrug. With a reluctant nod, Elena agrees. With that, the 3 of us leave together.

A few moments later..

"So as you have seen, nothing can kill an Original. Not sun, not fire, not even a Werewolf bite." Elijah explains, looking towards me. I shrug and continue to walk with him. "Only the wood from one tree can. A tree my family made sure burned." He explains, as we walk down the stone staircase on the property. "That's where the White Ash for that dagger comes from." Elena says. "So, the dagger wasn't the special part, it was the tree's Ash that trapped you." I say. "Yes. The Witches won't allow anything truly Immortal to walk the Earth. Every Creature needs to have a weakness, in order to maintain balance." He explains. "So, if the Sun can't kill an Original.." I trail off. "Why is Klaus so obsessed with breaking The Sun and Moon curse, then?" Elena asks. "Right. The Curse of The Sun and Moon. It is all so biblical sounding, do you not agree?" He asks, smirking in amusement. Confused, I speak. "What's so funny?" Elena asks curiously. "Well, you see, Klaus was the one to create the sketches of the curse you and the brothers found." He admits. I furrow my brows in confusion.

"I don't understand. So, Klaus drew the Aztec sketches about The Curse?" Elena asks. "Roman Scrolls, African Tribal etchings, and any other culture or continent we felt like planting it in." He explains. "Why?" I ask, speaking up. "The easiest way to discover the existence of a Doppelganger; or to get your hands on some long-lost Moonstone or Werewolf; is to have every single member of two warring species on the lookout for it." He says. "He was Baiting." I say. "Precisely." He says. "The Curse of The Sun and Moon is fake. It does not exist." He adds. "Of course not.." I say, shaking my head in disappointment. "What?" Elena asks shocked.

"Klaus and I faked The Sun and Moon Curse, dating back to over a thousand years ago." He continues, walking alongside the small body of water near the house. "But, if there's no Curse.." Elena trails off. "You misunderstand, there is a Curse. Just not that one." He continues. "The real one is much worse. It is a Curse placed on Klaus." He explains. "What are you saying, exactly?" I ask. "Klaus has been trying to break it for the last thousand years, and the two of you are his hope." He says, stopping, to look towards us. As he finishes this, the sound of a phone buzzing catches my attention. "Well, what is his Curse then?" Elena asks. Sighing, Elijah takes her phone out of his pocket. "Your phone will not stop its incessant buzzing. Answer it, please." He says, holding the phone out to her.

Sighing, Elena does as she's told. "Stefa--" she cuts off, listening to what was being said. After a few moments, fear fills her chest. "No, no, no, I-- okay, I'll be right there." She says, before hanging up. "Klaus went after Jenna. I have to go to her." She says worried. "I am afraid, that was not part of the day's arrangement." He says. "She's my family, Elijah. I have to. I'll be back, you have my word." She says. Again, her word is worth just as much as the other's words are.. Although I think this, I stay quiet. "That does not mean anything to me unless you live up to it." He says. Hearing this, Elena sighs in relief. "Thank you." She says, before hurrying off.

Once she's gone, I sigh, and walk to his side

Once she's gone, I sigh, and walk to his side. "You give us Your Word one time, and now suddenly everybody thinks they can throw that phrase around at the drop of a hat, and expect it to carry the same weight.." I say, shaking my head in annoyance. Sighing quietly, Elijah chuckles. "It is rather annoying, isn't it.." he admits. "Very." I agree, crossing my arms over my chest. Chuckling quietly, Elijah speaks. "No matter, I will not allow that to ruin a perfectly good day. Since we most likely will not be seeing Elena any time soon, will you accompany me, Ms. Lockwood?" He asks. Laughing quietly, I shrug. "Why not, it's not like I have any plans." I say. Hearing this, he nods, and motions me to follow.