47- Legend Says..

Raelyn's P.O.V.

After our discussion is finished, I take my leave, only to have Elijah open the door for me

After our discussion is finished, I take my leave, only to have Elijah open the door for me. This earns a questioning glance from me, as I walk out the door. "Thanks, but just so we're clear, kissing my a** isn't going to earn you any brownie points Vamp. Like I said, I'll have to think about this deal of yours, before making a decision." I say, guard up. He chuckles and walks outside, stopping at my side once again. "I must admit, it truly amazes me that, when one is simply being a gentleman and holding the door open for a woman, it is only seen as having a hidden meaning behind it. Times truly have changed, haven't they.." he says, more to himself than me. Ignoring this, I roll my eyes. "Yea, well, welcome to the 21st century. Nowadays, people make it very clear that they're only out for themselves. You can thank modern-day men for that one. They only do things like that to get something in return." I say, crossing my arms over my chest stubbornly.

Elijah tilts his head. "Why should I thank someone like that, exactly? Would that not be rewarding their bad behavior..?" He asks, clearly not understanding my sarcasm. "No, I didn't me--" I cut myself off, reminding myself that he's over a thousand years old. Realizing he probably doesn't even know sarcasm is a thing, I sigh. Shaking my head, I speak. "Nevermind." I breath out, before looking back up at him. "Anyway, I'll--" before I can finish that sentence, someone a few yards away, yells out to me, and cuts me off. "Hey, Rae..! You coming to the school barbecue, or what?" Tyler's voice calls to me. Hearing his voice, I furrow my brows, before both Elijah and myself, look in his direction. There, I see Tyler in his football Jersey, standing next to what looked to be Caroline, at the school parking lot, across the town square.

After a few moments, Elijah speaks. "I take it that young man is your brother..?" Elijah asks. Sighing, I turn towards Tyler. "Yeah, I'll be right there..!" I call back to Tyler, before turning towards Elijah once again. "Yeah, that's him. Anyway, like I said, I'll think about it. I should have a decision no later than tonight. Where can I find you?" I ask. Nodding his head in understanding, Elijah speaks. "At the moment, I am currently staying with an acquaintance of mine. But, that does not matter. Once you have made your decision, all you need to do, is speak to Elena, if you do not come across me in town first. She will contact me." He explains. "Alright. I'll be in touch then. Excuse me." I say, before taking my leave from Elijah, and making my way over to Tyler. Once there, Tyler speaks. "Who was that? You had a date or something..?" He asks. "Hell no!" I say immediately, which confuses him. Seeing this, I quickly clear my throat, looking between him and Caroline. "I-I mean, uh no, too old for me. Way, way too old.." I say, the last part more to myself than them. "He didn't look that old." Tyler says cluelessly. Oh Tyler...if only you knew how wrong you are.. Snapping from my thoughts, I speak. "Anyway, the guy's a tourist, he needed directions to the public library. Figured I'd help him out. C'mon, let's get some food. I'm starving." I say, throwing my arm over his shoulders, and leading him towards the school.

A few moments later..

"Hey, I've been thinking. Uh, next month, we should probably, uh, reinforce the wall in the cellar of that place.." Caroline says, making me arch a brow. "Next month?" I ask confused. "Yeah. I mean, Tyler almost got me that one time and it just...would've been, um.." Caroline trails off, glancing towards me warily. I raise a brow at her. "What..?" Tyler asks her, snapping her out of it. "Uh, y'know, nevermind. It's--" Caroline laughs awkwardly. "Don't stop on our account. Speak." I say, crossing my arms over my chest. "It's nothing.." she says, laughing awkwardly again. "Hey, c'mon. What is it?" Tyler asks concerned. Caroline looks between us again warily, before sighing in defeat. "Well, it's not a big thing. It's just that...um...one Bite from one of you guys and...it's, uh, you know...curtains for me.." Caroline says. Hearing this, my eyes widen immediately. One...bite..? What does she mean by that..? As I'm puzzled by this, Tyler speaks. "What are you talking about?" He asks confused. Caroline glances to me again, seeing my confused face as well, before sighing, and looking back to Tyler.

"The legend says that...a bite from a Werewolf...can kill a Vampire.." Caroline says, shocking both Tyler and myself. I remember all the times Rose would keep her distance, along with Elijah's reaction to me trying to head towards Elena and Rose, the day after Elena had been kidnapped. So that's why they reacted that way.. As I come to that realization, Tyler speaks. "Are you sure? How do you know that? Rae, did you know about this..?" Tyler asks, eyes setting on me. "It's the first I've heard of it.." I admit. "Mason didn't say anything about it?" He asks. Hearing Mason's name, makes me flinch slightly, but I quickly hide this, and shake my head. "Nothing." I say. Just then, before anyone could say anything else, someone calls out a few feet behind Tyler and I. "Hey Caroline, you got a second?" A familiar voice asks, before I hear someone heading over to us. Turning, we see Matt coming our way, before stopping between Tyler and I. "Hey, Matt." Tyler greets. "Uh, yeah, sure." Caroline answers, before looking to Tyler and I. Knowing she wanted us to leave, we nod in understanding. I think Tyler said something about them having a thing..? Who knows, not my business anyway.. "C'mon Rae. See you guys later." Tyler says, before he and I leave them behind.

Stefan's P.O.V.

I make my way into the Grill, taking a seat across from Alaric. "Hey, uh, Damon. The, uh, Wolf's at the Grill." I hear him say into his phone, before hanging up. "So, that's the uh.." I trail off, making a growling sound. "Yeah. Yeah. I just left Damon a message." He says, glancing at the Wolf a few feet away, who was talking to Sheriff Forbes. "So, you're doing his dirty work for him?" I ask. "Well, she could have a cure for Rose. Unfortunately, I couldn't find anything in Isobel's research. Well, except that it's Fatal." He explains. I nod my head. "Right. Hey, do you still have a way to get in touch with her..?" I ask, getting to the point on why I was here. "Even if I did, she isn't gonna help." He says, leaning in. "Katherine said that Isobel knew of Klaus." I say. "Oh, so this isn't about Rose. It's about Elena." He says, before sighing, once he sees me nod. "I have an old number. Probably out of service." He says. "No harm in giving it to me, then?" I ask. "You know you can't trust Isobel. Not even when it comes to Elena." He reminds me. I nod. "I know that." I say. "Alright. I'll see if I can find the number. If I do, I'll text it to you.." he says, before taking his leave.