95- Dangerous Liasons

The next morning..

C'mon, there's gotta be something..! As I continue to search through my closet in a panic, looking for something remotely suitable for the ball. Just then, someone knocks on my door, catching my attention. Knowing it was most likely Elijah, I make my way to the door, and open it. Sure enough, there he stood. Giving a small smile, I speak. "Hey, morning." I greet. Giving a charming smile, he nods. "Good morning. I hope you slept well." He greets kindly. Shrugging, I speak. "Can't complain. You?" I ask, leaning against my doorway casually. "Of course." He says, bowing his head slightly. "May I..?" He asks, motioning inside my room. "Yeah, sure. Something wrong?" I ask curiously. Smiling again, he shakes his head, and speaks. "Actually, no. However, there is someone who wishes to meet you, if that is alright?" He asks. Someone...wants to meet me..? Before I can ask who though, an unfamiliar woman, steps into view. Seeing this, I quickly fix my posture, straightening my back.

 Seeing this, I quickly fix my posture, straightening my back

"You must be Rae." The woman says in a strangely friendly tone, despite the overwhelming presence she held. Something about her presence, made me feel like I was suffocating. However, before the feeling can become too unbearable, Elijah steps closer to me, placing a gentle hand to my shoulder, which seems to chase away a portion of her presence, allowing me to breath normally again. "Raelyn, this is my mother." He explains calmly, motioning his free hand towards her. Hearing this, my eyes widen slightly. His mother..? Why'd she wanna meet me..? Shaking out of my thoughts, I quickly nod my head, giving a small smile. "Hey, uh, nice to meet you." I greet kindly, trying my best to hide how her presence had affected me previously. He wasn't kidding when he said she was a powerful Witch, even I can feel the magic she has. It practically choked me.. Sighing silently, I snap out of my thoughts. She smiles and nods. "Likewise." She says with a smile. "When my son told me he had already found a dance partner for this evening, I felt it only right to introduce myself properly. I hope you do not mind." She says, as she walks past Elijah and myself, further into my room. "Oh, no, not at all." I say, quickly waving that off. "I would've introduced myself sooner, but I figured you and your family needed some time to catch up, so I decided to wait. Didn't want to interrupt, you know..?" I ask. The mother laughs quietly. "Yes, I thank you for that. It has been quite some time, as I'm sure you know." She says. Hearing this, I nod my head silently. "Yeah." I say.

" I say