20- Strange Bedfellows

A few hours later..

"Alright mom, everyone's doing their tasks." I say, walking up to mom, with Jenna. "Thank you sweatheart, and Jenna, thanks for helping Raelyn wrangle the volunteers." Mom says, writing on her clipboard. "Of course! It's for a good cause, and I get to catch up with your girl! God, I still can't get over how much she's grown. Plus,to be honest, I've always been a sucker for the Masquerade Ball." Jenna says happily. Mom goes quiet for a few moments, before smiling. "So was Richard. This was always his favorite party of the year.." Mom says, trailing off, clearly reminiscing. I lower my head sadly, at the mention of dad, but am snapped out of it, when I hear someone's voice. "Wait, wait, wait!" Hearing this, I quickly turn on my heels, seeing Tyler and another boy about to drop a table. My eyes widen and I quickly hurry over to them, before steadying the table, just before it fell. "Oh! Boys! Be careful with that, it's from the 1800s!" Mom scolds. "Mom, Rae and I've got it now, calm down. You alright Matt?" Tyler asks. The boy, now known as Matt nods. "Yeah, thanks. You two ready? We've just gotta get it over there." Matt says, nodding towards the other room. Nodding, the three of us make our way forward.

Damon's P.O.V.

The sound of heavy footsteps catch my attention. Seeing who it was, I smirk. "Hey Ric." I greet. Ric sighs and places the box he held down, before he notices Jeremy. "What are you doing here?" Ric asks him. Jeremy crosses his arms over his chest. "Helping Damon. I'm the one who found out about the Moonstone." Jeremy says. Ric looks to me, and I shrug, rolling my eyes. "Does Elena know you're here..?" Ric asks, looking to me again. I shake my head no, which earns a sigh from him. "Not exactly." Jeremy says. I make my way over to the box, opening it up. "What do you got?" I ask. "This is Isobel's research from Duke. Her assistant sent it to me." Ric says. "Mm, Vanessa, the hottie." I say, fanning myself with a folder from the box. "Yes, Vanessa. Now, do you remember the Aztec curse she told us about?" Ric asks. "Sun and the Moon, blah, blah, blah?" I say. Ric rolls his eyes. "Wait, the Aztec curse? Cool!" Jeremy says. "Yeah, supposedly Vampires and Werewolves used to roam freely, until a Shaman put a curse on them, to limit their power. Since then, Werewolves can only turn on a Full Moon, and Vampires are weakened by the Sun." Ric says, looking to me. I flash my daylight ring, before taking a few steps away. "Most of them, anyway." I say with a smirk.

"According to the Legend, the Werewolf part of the curse, it's sealed with the Moonstone." Ric says, handing Jeremy a paper. "What do you mean, sealed?" Jeremy asks. "It's a Witch thing. Whatever seals the Curse, is the key to unsealing the Curse." I clarify, waving my hand lazily through the air. "Maybe Mason and Rae, believe they can use the Moonstone to break the Curse." Ric theorizes. I sigh and shake my head. "If we start believing in some Supernatural Witchy-woo legend from a picture book, we're idiots." I say, still refusing to believe all this crap is real. "Who has the stone now?" I ask Jeremy. "Tyler." He says. "Can you get it?" I ask. "Yeah." He says. I smirk. "See? Now your life has purpose." I mock, earning an eye roll. "So you do believe it?" He asks. I roll my eyes. "It's the same book that says a Werewolf Bite kills a Vampire. Ignoring it would make me an even bigger idiot. Let's go." I say, finishing off my scotch, before walking away.

Mason's P.O.V.

I make my way outside with a box of clothing. As I walk, I notice Stefan, and without thinking, I nod at him. "Hey, Stefan." I say, however, just as I do, everything that happened yesterday rises in my mind, making my eyes narrow in confusion. Wait a second.. I turn back towards him, after placing the box down. "Wasn't expecting you here...or anywhere.." I say, trying to hide the alarm I was feeling, seeing the Vamp still alive. Stefan smirks amused. "Yeah, I had this little accident. But uh, I'm fine now." He says, smirking at me more. If he's here...then...what about.. Worried, I walk closer to him. "What did you do to Sheriff Forbes?" I ask. "Oh, she's fine too. But, from now on, you'll have to do your own dirty work.." Stefan says, hiding his anger at me behind a smile. "Not a problem.." I say, acting casual, before attempting to take my leave. "Oh, uh, Mason...how's that niece of yours doing..?" Stefan calls out, stopping me in my tracks. He's...threatening her...isn't he.. I lock my jaw, closing my eyes. After a few seconds, I open them, and glance over my shoulder towards him, hiding my worry behind a smile. "Uh, yeah, she's fine." I say. He nods his head. "Well, that's good to hear. I uh, don't recall seeing her at all yesterday...know anything about that..?" He asks. I sigh. "Yeah, she's been busy helping her mother out, so she doesn't have a lot of free time to hang with her uncle much...uh, anyway,  I...better get back inside, see if they need help." I say, before hurriedly taking my leave. I haven't seen her all day, for their sakes, she Better be safe.

Stefan's P.O.V.

I watch Mason hurry off, clearly worried about his niece. As he went, his shoulder hits into Bonnie, making him apologize, before continuing off. The look Bonnie has after, concerns me, and I make my way over to her. "What's the matter? You okay?" I ask concerned. Snapping out of it, she looks to me. "I...when I touched him, I saw something.." she says, clearly confused and concerned. I furrow my brows. "What do you mean, like a vision?" I ask. She is a Witch, so it wouldn't surprise me if she did have a vision.. "I...saw Elena." She says puzzled. "You saw Elena..?" I ask, asking her to elaborate. "He was...kissing her.." she says. Hearing this, my brows furrow, and I shake my head. "No, Bonnie. Elena wouldn't kiss.." I trail off mid sentence, as a troubling thought rises on my mind. Unless.. "Stefan..?" Bonnie asks confused. She saw 'Elena'... With the pieces coming together, I smirk, and shake my head with a sigh. "You didn't see Elena. You saw Katherine.." I say. Dammit, I need to find Damon, Now. "I've gotta find Damon." Is all I say, before leaving her behind.

After a few minutes of searching, I manage to find Damon, and tell him everything. "Katherine's with Mason Lockwood?" Damon asks disgusted. "We missed it. Those two got into town right after she did. It makes perfect sense." I say, pacing back and forth. "I know, but Mason Lockwood..? Werewolf thing asside, the guys a surfer...she's gotta be using them. She has to be." Damon says. I nod in agreement. "Sure, but using them for what..?" I ask. Damon sighs. "Mason and Rae are looking for a Moonstone that allegedly can break the Full Moon Werewolf Curse. Maybe, Katherine wants it as well." He says. "But, why's she want it?" I ask confused. "Well...no idea. That's the beauty of Katherine. She's always up to something.." Damon says, rolling his eyes. "So how are we gonna find this Moonstone?" I ask. "Jeremy's getting it from Tyler." He says, making my eyes widen. "Why would you involve Jeremy?" I ask, smacking his shoulder in disappointment, before starting to walk off. "He's playing Indiana Jones. He involved himself!" Damon says defensively. I shake my head and keep going, Damon following soon after.

Once we get eyes on Jeremy and Tyler, Damon and I listen in from the balcony, a few feet away. "Hey, so I, uh-- I did a little research on that stone you showed me.." Jeremy says, catching Tyler's attention. What? Why?" Tyler asks. "I don't know, curiosity, boredom.." Jeremy explains. "What'd it say?" Tyler asks. "Well, it's part of this Aztec legend. But, I wanna make sure it's the same kind of stone. Do you think I could, uh, check it out again?" Jeremy asks. "Nope. Gave it to my Uncle and sister." Tyler says, making Jeremy's eyes widen. "Whyd you do that..?" Jeremy asks. "Because I'm done with legends and curses. I don't want anything to do with it, okay?" Tyler asks. "Yeah. Uh, yeah, sure. It's probably just stupid folklore anyways. Forget it." Jeremy says. Hearing this, Damon and I exchange a glance. With a shared sigh, we walk away.