Chapter 42:

The Empress Dowager is fond of both cleanliness and beauty. The Cining Hall has always been cleaned up and down, and the beautiful and lovely maids and girls often come in and out to relieve her boredom, but now all the girls who come in and out are girls crying, putting on makeup, and putting on makeup. In the basin at the top, the handkerchief was soaked with blood and stained with water.

The sky nearing dusk turned red in the midst of cries, gloomily pressed down on people's hair, the muddy rain disappeared, and the temperature dropped sharply.

Ji Zheng reluctantly moved forward with slow steps, he moved forward a point, the oil-paper umbrella above his head moved forward a point, he turned half a point to the right, and the oil-paper umbrella followed by a half point to the right.

Can't dodge.

"Is she dead?" Ji Zheng had to look up and ask the owner of the oil-paper umbrella above his head with his eyes.

Ming Ci Yue stretched out his hand and nudged him in the direction of the entrance of the hall, without making a sound.

The identity of the person who carried out the assassination has been identified. It is not the people from the capital gathered outside the palace gate, but the ordinary villagers who have lived in the villages downstream of the Taishui River for generations.

The people gathered outside the palace, entered the palace to face the saint, and even stabbed with a knife, in fact, they were secretly acquiesced by the empress dowager. Dali Temple only traced the identity of the assassin, not the people from the capital gathered outside the palace gate, but the ordinary villagers who have lived in the villages downstream of the Taishui River for generations.

They reported the news to the emperor and the Marquis of Wu'an respectively, and then they were silent and did not dare to act rashly. After all, the palace was about to change.

This is very strange. There is no way that the four hundred-mile road can be reached by one person in three hours on foot in the morning.

Unless there is a galloping horse in the rain and snow, a man who drives the horse.

Ji Zheng didn't want to think about it, and he didn't dare to look back at Ming Ciyue.

Only half of the palace lanterns were lit in the hall, and it was extremely dark. The Marquis of Wuan had already entered the hall before him and stood silently in the shadow.

The hunched figure of the woman was curled up under the curtain and bedding, and the stab was too far in the panic. If it was a young and strong person, it might be able to recover after lying down for a month, but it may not be possible if it was replaced by this body. .

The Marquis of Wu'an's eyes were full of concern, but the corner of his mouth was standing there with a smile that was not a smile. The Empress Dowager glared at him and waved to Ji Zheng.

Ji Zheng stood still, knowing very well that this woman just waved to the royal family's "Ji" surname when she was in decline.

The Empress Dowager beckoned again. This time, the Marquis of Wu'an came up to meet her and grabbed her hand first.

There was a heart-rending, violent cough, her throat was full of congestion, and she coughed for a long time without saying a word.

Ji Zheng could see clearly that it was clearly the Marquis of Wu'an who held her hand tightly, with a sad expression on his face, and after a long while there was still some words in his mouth, "I will obey, please rest assured."

He originally thought that the Gu family was a lackey born to depend on the empress dowager, but he did not expect that the aloof hostess would also be swallowed up one day.