Chapter 8:

When Li Ying slept in Yanfu Hall, Ji Zheng stayed in the imperial study every day, reading the original owner's treasured book of words and pictures.

But after the winter months, his happy days are gone forever. Noble families all over the world know that the emperor's choice of concubine is imminent, and every memorial should either obscurely or openly mention a noble girl in the clan. The portraits of the various noble girls pass the eyes of the Cining Palace and fly like snowflakes. The imperial study drowned his desk.

Naturally, the ancient portrait technique does not need to take selfies like those of the contemporary era. With a thin willow-leaf eyebrow and two affectionate phoenix eyes, Ji Zheng stared at it for a long time, but he couldn't tell who the sisters were.

But Rao is that no matter how serious he is, he also knows that the election of a concubine involves political ups and downs. Any choice may change the future direction of politics. If another person accidentally chooses the right person, the emperor may not be so easy to step down.

Terrible, this can't be done.

In the original book, there are many beauties in the harem, but Li Ying is the only one with a name, which means that he must not choose any powerful role through this concubine selection.

Each portrait of a noble girl is accompanied by a brief biography of her family background, but Ji Zheng, who only reads the protagonist's love story, has no influence on these characters at all.

The window was suddenly blown open with a bang, and the cold wind with dead leaves drifted into the charcoal brazier in the fire pit inside the house, and the flames crackled and swayed.

It's so cold, it's almost snowing season.

Ji Zheng followed the window and saw Ming Ciyue standing like a pine with a sword.

I don't know when, the emperor's guards seemed to have changed a group of people quietly, and Ji Zheng found that the only person who could be named was Mingci Yue.

He thought about it and decided to make the best use of it, "Ming Ci Yue."

The first thing Ming Ciyue did when he came in was to close the windows and put some charcoal fire for him, and only then did he come to the desk and salute.

Ji Zheng asked him to help pick out the portraits, Mingci Yuefu raised his eyes, and immediately lowered his head, "The noble daughters who are candidates for concubines, these portraits should not offend outsiders to look directly at them."

"I'll let you see it." The emperor said impatiently, "I don't understand anyone, and I don't like anyone. If you don't choose, then I can only choose His Royal Highness King Jing to enter the palace to accompany the imperial concubine Ying. "

Ming Ci's face became more and more embarrassing, so he couldn't come over, and seemed to point out a few pictures at random, "Xuan Qian, the eldest daughter of General Xuan's family, is knowledgeable and reasonable, and Lin Xiangxiang, the niece of Zhang Guoxiang's family, is nice and small."

At the end, the clear speech lowered his voice more and more, "Brother Xuan Qian has been stationed in southern Xinjiang and has made remarkable achievements recently in appeasing the displaced people. This year, the drought in the north is severe. The canal transport in charge of Zhang Guoxiang has transported a lot of grain from Jiangnan, and Lin Xiangxiang's father is Jiangnan's grain and rice cloth. Satin Merchant."

Ji Zheng crossed the two portraits without looking at them. Ming Ci cast more and more suspicious eyes.

Ming Ci is the protagonist and understands the situation. With his temperament, he will definitely make the best choice for the sage that will help appease the hearts of his ministers and stabilize the throne. Ji Zheng only needs to follow his words against the election.