He just shrugs his shoulders, helping me sprinkle some cheese on top of the croutons. "I had a dream about her."

His response is so nonchalant, acting as if it's something that happens all the time and it's no big deal. I look at him, grinning to myself as I glance back at the table. "Well, if you're so sure, why don't you introduce grandma's friend to him, yeah? I bet he'd like to meet her."

Auggie nods enthusiastically, wiggling off the counter to run towards the living room. "Auggie! Come back!" I shout, holding the salad bowl in my hand. He still needs to finish his dinner. He's gotten better at trying new things and I want it to stay that way.

  "I'll get him." My mother says as I give her a sigh.

I nervously watch as my father approaches after my mother. My mother goes to grab August, to bring him back to the table gently and tell him to finish up his mashed potatoes, which Auggie takes as she's taking away his movie to show grandpa. He doesn't get upset, just states how he wants to show grandpa "my girlfriend!" but my father takes it as being impolite and he wraps his hand firmly around Auggie's wrist, dragging him away.

And my heart drops.

  "What the fuck." I mutter under my breath, my blood beginning to boil with nothing but pure rage when Auggie starts kicking and screaming. It's been months since those men burst into our home and tried to take Auggie away, but August is still not okay with men grabbing him, especially my estranged father who has shown up out of nowhere.

He refuses to let go, continuing to drag her away. I feel sick.

Immediately, I'm running, dropping the salad bowl, shouting at my father to stop and let August go but he doesn't listen. My mom is no help whatsoever. She just stands in place, looking shocked. I have never felt more of an urge to punch my father in the throat than I have now.

When I reach all three of them, I push my dads shoulders, forcing him to let go of my son. I crouch down to Auggie'slevel, pulling him close for a big hug. He's trembling, his body shaking, and endless sobs leave his mouth as he cries for me and Spencer- the only man he lets touch him. I pull him away from me for just a quick second to look for any marks that have been left by my father's hands.

I glance up at my dad. He's looking down at August and the marks he left behind on my son's arm with no remorse. I'm going to fucking beat the shit out of him.

Or Spencer by the way he's walking very fast over here.

  "It's okay, baby. I got you." I whisper as I rub my hand up and down his back.

  "'Pence." He whimpers, desperately wanting his dad.

I go to respond that Spence will hold him in a minute but I don't even get the words out before my dad is being pushed up against the nearest living room wall beside us. Spencer is livid, absolutely livid. I can only assumed he witnessed what happened on his way back from getting more wine at the nearby store.

  "Did you seriously just grab him like that?!" He shouts in his face, the collar of my dad's t-shirt wrapped in his fists.

My dads eyes are wide, clearly shocked at Spencer's outburst.

  "He ran off, clearly disobeying his mother! What was I supposed to do?"

  "Pick him up and talk to him! Or maybe, don't touch him at all. He hates strangers." I sarcastically bite, before Spencer can say anything.

  "Cami." My mother warns me which has me snapping my head to look at her.

  "Don't fucking 'Cami' me. He bruised my son!" I exclaim in disbelief.