Chapter 93: Confused

On the way to town, Jiang Huaiqing called her into the carriage for various reasons, either inviting her to eat cakes or calling her in to take shelter from the rain.

In fact, although the position where the carriage was driven had a shelter from the rain, there was no shelter in front of her. The raindrops blew on her with the cold wind, and half of Tongshan's body was already wet.

Fortunately, she brought spare clothes. Tongshan wiped the raindrops from her face, hugged the bundle wrapped in oil paper tightly in her arms, and ignored the persuasion of the people behind her.

When the carriage arrived at the door of the restaurant, Tongshan jumped out of the car, thanked him and planned to go in. As soon as she turned around, she was stopped by the man.

"Ah Shan..."

Tong Shan turned around and looked at him doubtfully. There was no longer the ignorant affection he expected in her eyes, nor was there any deliberate alienation or indifference. She just looked at him like a normal person.

Jiang Huaiqing raised his thin lips and was speechless for a while. After a long time, he forced a soft smile and said: "It's okay, you can go and do your work."

Tongshan hesitated for a while, nodded to him, turned around and walked into the restaurant.

The elegant and gentle man stood alone in the rain curtain holding an oil umbrella, looking a bit lonely. His eyes were fixed on the woman's retreating figure, his thin lips pursed slightly, and a feeling of loss lingered in his heart.

It seemed that her heart was no longer on him at all.

It was probably due to the climate. It was raining and cold, so there were not many people in the restaurant, and Zhao Yu was lying down and dozing there with nothing to do.

"Tongshan, you're here." The shopkeeper who was counting the ledgers at the desk looked up at her.

"Yes." Tongshan nodded, patted the water droplets on the outside of the oil-paper baggage, walked to the desk, and said apologetically: "The shopkeeper, I had something to do at home yesterday, so I didn't come over, and I didn't have time to tell you in advance... ."

"It's okay, I understand." The shopkeeper smiled nonchalantly and glanced at her soaked clothes: "It's raining so hard, it's okay if you don't come today. The restaurant isn't busy anyway."

It's raining. Not many people came to the restaurant these two days.

But everyone was here, so it was useless to say anything: "Have you got any dry clothes?"

"Yes." Tongshan shook the oil-paper bundle.

"Then go change your clothes first and then get busy."

"Okay."

Tongshan responded, opened the curtain and entered the kitchen. Because there were really few people coming to the restaurant today, more than half less than usual, and most of them came to eat steamed buns. The second floor was not open at all.

Today is the most leisurely day for Tongshan since she came here. She and Zhao Yu were sitting at the window on the second floor enjoying the rainy scenery. There were no stalls on the street, only the occasional stall. Passersby with oil umbrella.

"I'm so busy that I almost dozed off." Zhao Yu yawned again and again, and her eyes were green and black as if she hadn't slept in a few days.

"Has this situation ever happened before?"

"Yes, it happens every year during the rainy season. I'm so busy that I don't even have time to fight flies."

"In this way..."