Chapter 5: Entering the Town

Tongshan stayed at home for a few days, tidying up the inside and outside of the house. In her free time, she also made some simple wooden stools and tables.

In just a few days, the dilapidated house was simply renovated.

Seeing that life has stabilized. In the early morning of that day, when the sky was bright, Tongshan had already gotten up and kneaded the dough, planning to sell it in the nearest town today.

Guan helped her put the cooked buns into the basket for the buns, and kept telling her: "Ah Shan, the water bag has been packed for you. When you get to town, if it's too late, it won't be too late. Once it's sold out, don't hold on, you can still use it for breakfast."

He added uneasily: "Don't come back until it's dark, we won't miss those."

I'm afraid that she will lose her temper and insist on not coming back if she could not sell. It's not safe to come back in the dark this way.

Guan was giving endless instructions, but he didn't hear her humming to answer him. He frowned and looked: "Did you listen?"

"Ah?" Tongshan came to hee senses in a daze and kneaded the dough. She paused and looked at the man in a daze.

The stunned look didn't look like she had heard it.

Seeing this, Mr. Guan sighed helplessly: "Look at how stupid you are, if you marry a husband in the future, you will be eaten to death!"

Tongshan knew what he was worried about, so she wiped the flour off her hands, with a calm face and a soothing tone, she said softly: "Dad, I know what you are worried about. I just listen to you. I will be back before the sun goes down today."

"Not today, but from now on!" Guan said. Reminding her again, he covered the basket of steamed buns, stood up, picked up the coarse cloth on the side and wiped her hands, and said to her in a serious voice: "This is no different from the town we were in before. The road is so long that you have to walk all the way. In an hour, if you had been later, you would have come back in the dark."

Although she, a woman, may not necessarily encounter any bad people, there is no guarantee if she encounters a jackal, tiger or leopard.

Of course, Tongshan didn't think as much as Guan, but she also felt that it was inappropriate to come back too late. After all, the road was dark and difficult to walk.

She nodded and agreed: "I understand, Dad."

Seeing her nodding in agreement, Guan was relieved for a while, and put the buns she had made one by one into the basket for her, and then walked outside the yard. He brought the bamboo basket he had made in the past two days and hung it on the side of the basket.

Tongshan, who was washing her hands at the water tank in the yard, saw this and asked, "Dad, do you want these to go together?"

"Yes." Mr. Guan hung up the bamboo baskets one by one, and hung several baskets evenly on both sides. "It's only ten cents, someone should want it."

Tongshan nodded clearly and helped him put the bamboo basket together.

By the time she was about to go out, it was already a little bright. She pursed her lips and picked up the basket. Tongshan turned around and said something to Guan before leaving the house.

Following the route they took when entering the village and leaving the village, she saw many villagers getting up early to do farm work on the way. Tong Shanjie politely said hello to each of them.

"Woof woof woof!!!"

A dog barked from behind. Tongshan couldn't help but raise the corners of her mouth. As she walked, she glanced at the skinny big yellow dog following her from the corner of her eye.