Chapter 9: Meet Again

"I'll come back early today. Then I'll cut some bamboo and build a fence outside the yard."

She originally thought of building it in the yard, but the yard is a little narrower after all. Anyway, it's empty outside. It is both up and empty, neither intrusive nor convenient.

Tongshan packed up the basket with the steamed buns. Hearing Guan's unprovoked words, Tongshan turned around in confusion: "Dad, what are you doing for a fence?"

Guan was picking up the beans he bought from the town and raised his eyelids. He looked at her and said, "I have nothing to do at home all day. Wouldn't it be better to plant some crops when I'm free?"

In the past few days, he had been thinking about stopping by and chatting with some people, but what about those people's homes? Most of the men are either outside helping their wives with farm work, or they are sitting in the house all day embroidering men's clothing.

Anyway, he didn't want to embroider those things in his spare time, so he might as well find some farm work to do.

"Oh..." Tongshan would not object. Her father is a busy person. He used to help her sell steamed buns when he lived in the town, but now he has no place to go. It would be hard for him to be alone.

"Do you want me to buy some seeds in town?"

"No, no, no." Guan waved his hand, narrowed his eyes slightly and pointed outside in a low voice: "I just saw the village chief's husband last time. He bought a lot of seeds. I can borrow it from him when the time comes."

He only remembered this last time when he saw Adan buying them.

"..." Tongshan stopped, hesitated for a moment and said: "Isn't this... not good?"

This person bought it, and no one would complain if he borrowed it.

Her father became thick-skinned and dared to borrow anything.

Guan curled his lips: "I don't know how many times I gave him steamed buns and pickles. What's the matter with borrowing a little seed?"

The more he said it, the more reasonable he became. The steamed buns can't be given away for free, right? "Anyway, I'll just borrow them. A little, you can't plant much in such a small area."

Tongshan was unable to refute, for Guan himself, as long as he thinks it makes sense, no matter what you say, it's all in vain.

"Okay, I'll just come back early today."

"Yeah." Guan picked out a broken bean and mentioned it again without worry: "It doesn't matter even if you can't sell them all, just keep it and take it back. It's done. Don't miss the time and be late."

"I understand, Dad."

After finishing packing, Tongshan picked up two baskets of buns and walked to the village entrance, but she saw a familiar figure of a person at the entrance of the village.

She saw a slender and thin man standing at the entrance of the village. Next to him stood an older, middle-aged woman. The two seemed to be talking about something.

The woman kept waving her hands at the man, and her impatience could be felt from far away in Tongshan.

Tongshan lowered her head and passed by them silently, and their words reached her ears.

The man's voice was as gentle as his own. Even though the woman's attitude was full of impatience, she  still spoke softly and gently: "I have no choice but to do this. Please trouble Sister Ajiu to help Huaiqing this time. Huaiqing is determined to do this and I will be so grateful."