Chapter 1: Arrival

When they first arrived, the scorching sun was in the sky. Tong Shan was carrying two large baskets of luggage on her shoulders and was driving on the loess path. She was tall and straight, and her steps were steady even though she was carrying a heavy load on her shoulders.

But her wheat-colored face had already been reddened by the sun. She wiped the sweat from her face with a free hand, turned around and said to the middle-aged man following her: "Dad, there is Stone Village ahead. Yes, please follow closely."

"Understood." Guan, who was following the woman, responded. His handsome brows were wrinkled by the sun, and he held a cattail leaf fan in his hand to block the sun and then fanned her twice.

But most of them were fanning the woman in front of him. Seeing that her face was red from the sun, he felt distressed and took out a handkerchief to help her wipe her sweat, and he didn't forget to complain: "This man has to die from the sun before he can do it."

"....." She was so tanned.

But no, Tongshan squinted her eyes and looked up at the scorching sun. The sun can kill half of a person's life every year.

"Ah Shan, are you thirsty? Dad, will get you some water." The middle-aged man looked at her with concern, and then stretched out his long, calloused hands towards the basket.

But Tongshan didn't care. She took his handkerchief and wiped it on her face. She smiled naively and said, "I'm not thirsty. If you are thirsty, just drink."

This level was nothing to her. She have long been used to it, just sweating a little.

Guan ignored it and took out the water bag from the basket, carefully poured it into a porcelain cup and handed it to Tongshan's lips. Tongshan had no choice but to drink the water from his hand.

After she finished drinking, Guan Shi put the water bag back to its original place, waving the cattail leaf fan next to her: "Let's go, get to the place quickly and take a rest."

After all, he still felt sorry for his daughter, carrying this sun on her shoulders. It was sunny, and they walked for a long time. Except for taking a short break in the middle, we just kept walking.

Guan put his hands under the basket, trying hard to help his daughter lighten some of the burden.

Tongshan wiped the water from the corner of her mouth and nodded to him: "Okay."

She moved her body slightly and changed the shoulder pole, walked steadily in front, and continued on her way.

When they walked through a small mountain road, it was a little cooler. The trees on both sides of the loess road blocked most of the scorching sun. Tongshan took a breath. She wonder if it was her imagination, but the wind blowing now was cold.

The hot wind mixed with a bit of coolness refreshed Tongshan. She wiped the hot sweat from her face with her sleeves and quickened her pace.

Guan, who was following her, was only carrying a baggage and a cattail leaf fan, so he was much more relaxed than her. Seeing the person in front of him walking faster, he stopped shaking the cattail leaf fan and put the baggage on his shoulder. He followed closely behind the woman.

When they crossed the mountain, they could see the village in the distance. A smile finally appeared on Tongshan's pursed lips. She turned around and said to the person behind her: "Dad, look, that's Stone Village."

Guan was fanning his fan and turned his eyes after hearing what she said. , although he could only see a blurry outline on one side, he couldn't help but feel happy: "Okay, let's go to the village to rest soon."