Chapter 89: Consummation

Tongshan was stunned, she could actually understand her mouth movements from a distance.

He was calling her name.

Tongshan pursed her lips and nodded slightly to the man as a response, as if he was a stranger, with a slight sense of alienation, and her expression was calm without too many fluctuations.

The raised thin lips gradually faded, and Jiang Huaiqing felt a little disappointed, but his face remained gentle. He turned around and accepted Village Chief Liu's words as if nothing had happened.

"Did Mr. Ding look at you just now?" Ye Kaixia asked doubtfully. If she saw it right, that man seemed to have said something else.

Tongshan pursed her lips and said nothing. She retracted her gaze and walked towards the village. Ye Kaixia, who was following her, quickly followed.

And Village Chief Liu over there was a little embarrassed when Jiang Huaiqing told her that she wanted to stay in the village for two days. Wasn't he just coming back to pay homage to her deceased wife? Why do he still needed to stay in the village for two days?

"Huaiqing came back this time with the approval of Master Wife, and told her that it would take some time. Is there any inconvenience for Village Chief Liu?" Jiang Huaiqing said lightly, but out of the corner of his eye, he walked toward the village intentionally or unintentionally.

The man has even moved out, so how can Village Chief Liu dare to have any opinions? What's more, she has already accepted the gift, so how can she say anything to refuse it.

"It's not inconvenient. It's just that someone else from the Ding family has settled in the village, so..."

"It's okay. Huaiqing doesn't have to live there."

"That, that's okay, I'll give it to you." You can arrange another place to live, but it hasn't been cleaned for many years, so I'm afraid it needs to be cleaned up before you can move in." Village Chief Liu began to think about the vacant houses in the village.

The gaze that originally fell on Tong Shan moved back. The curvature of the man's lips remained unchanged, and his warm voice made people feel like spring breeze.

"No need to go to such trouble, Huaiqing can just stay at the village chief's house for two nights..."

This was the last word Tongshan heard before entering the village.

It wasn't until they entered the village that Ye Kaixia on the side spoke louder: "Do you think the husband of the Ding family is really so kind that he comes back to worship Ding Chang?"

"I don't know."

"Didn't I hear that Ding always came here? Didn't his family treat him very badly in the past? In the end, he killed all the Ding family. Because of this, he had a bad reputation in the village before and was not treated well by others. He must have hated the Ding family so much. Why now? To be so kind..."

Tongshan glanced at Ye Kaixia, who kept gossiping: "You just heard it, it may not be true."

"How could it not be true? People in the village used to see him wished they could hide far away."

Tongshan looked at the loess road in front of her, and after a moment of silence, she slowly said: "It may not be because of this, it may also be because he is afraid of being entangled by a lonely person."

Most people will subconsciously put aside things that are not of benefit to them, and find an excuse for their behavior, thinking that they are helpless to do so.