Chapter 24: Looking For a Job

The sun was shining brightly, and the crops in the field were green and swaying in the breeze. The faint fragrance of wheat spread in the field with the breeze.

Tong Shan and Ye Kaixia sat on the field ridge under the bright sun.

"You mean...your cousin Le'an targeted me because of Changqiu?" Tongshan casually pulled up the weeds on the side, and herbwords were full of confusion: "Why?"

There was no grievance between them. Ye ChangQiu, why do you treat her like this?

Ye Kaixia's fair cheeks were already a little red from the sun. She was also confused about this question. Although Ye Changqiu was usually a bit annoying, he would not do such unreasonable things. After all, he could do everything but he never took it seriously.

"I don't know either..." Ye Kaixia sighed. She didn't know anything about it even when she asked him that day. Who knew what was wrong with him: "Did you offend him somewhere?"

Him?

Tong Shan clasped her fingers on the grass roots under her body and frowned slightly. The only thing she could think of to offend Ye Changqiu was that she hit the girl last time, as if he had said how important that person was to him.

I think this is what happened.

Because he hit his sweetheart, does he want to take revenge on her?

Looking sideways at the silent woman, Ye Kaixia raised his hand and waved in front of her: "Tongshan, what's wrong with you?"

Tongshan shook her head lightly.

Seeing that she didn't say anything, Ye Kaixia frowned and didn't ask any more questions. She picked a ground berry and threw it into her mouth. She chewed it and said, "Then what are you going to do next?"

Plum Blossom Town can't go there for the time being. Damn it, after all, Li Le'an did what she said. If she really sees her posing there again, she might really be smashed by her.

Tongshan is also very confused now. This sudden accident made her at a loss: "I think...it would be okay to go to other towns."

"Huh?" Ye Kaixia was a little surprised by her decision, but After thinking about it, she felt something was wrong: "Meihua Town is the closest to our village. If you go to another town, you may have to walk for a long time."

You may not be able to get there even if you walk for a long time, and it will be dark by the time we get there. What can you sell?

Ye Kaixia curled her lips and threw a ground berry into her mouth. Looking at the green fields, she suddenly had an idea and proposed to her enthusiastically: "How about we go to the town to find a job? Wait until you find a job. Cousin An, there's nothing she can do about you!"

"Looking for a job?" Tongshan's clear eyes blinked. She had never thought of this, but it was indeed a good way out. She turned her head to look at Ye Kaixia, who was in high spirits, and said hesitantly: "You want to come too?"

"Yeah!" Ye Kaixia's eyes were shining happily: "I haven't worked for others yet."

That's like the excitement of a child when she finds something new.

"..." Tongshan looked speechless, this was no joke.

The two of them made an appointment to go to the town to find a job tomorrow, and then dispersed and went back to their respective homes.

Thinking of being able to go to the town to find work tomorrow, Ye Kaixia felt much better. She held her head high and hummed a tune as she entered the house. She glanced at Ye Changqiu who was reading there, hummed and turned away her head to go inside the room.