Chapter 19: Riverside

Xu Yunzhen was waiting very anxiously by the river. She kept walking up and down the village road. When she thought about meeting the boy she hadn't seen for many days, she was so nervous that she couldn't stand still in  a place.

From time to time, she looked back at the road leading to Ye's house. Seeing that there was still no one around, she waved the wooden whip in her hand in disappointment.

Why is Liu Futian so slow? She hasn't come back yet.

Xu Yunzhen frowned irritably, and whipped the trees aside fiercely.

"Sister Zhen!" From a distance, the girl called her before she arrived.

Xu Yunzhen's face was filled with joy, and when she turned around to look, she saw Liu Futian was the only one running towards her, and the joy on her lips froze.

Liu Futian ran to her and stopped, holding her knees with her hands and breathing heavily. Xu Yunzhen kept looking behind her, but she couldn't see the person she wanted to see.

"Where is Changqiu?" Xu Yunzhen stared behind her relentlessly, fearing that he would miss the young man's figure. Was he walking slowly behind?

"Chang...Changqiu said he is not free right now." Liu Futian finally managed to catch her breath and raised her sleeves to wipe the sweat dripping from her chin. As soon as she finished speaking, she saw the face of the person opposite her darken, and she was frightened then shivered.

"Not... free?" Xu Yunzhen stared at her with a gloomy face, clenching her hands into fists: "Why not? What is he doing?"

After saying this, she seemed to think of another possibility, her dark eyes looked at her suspiciously and said in a cold voice, "You didn't ask?"

Why wasn't he free? It was obviously her who invited him out. As long as Liu Futian's words came, Changqiu would definitely know about it. Why would he say he was not free?

This person must have been afraid and didn't convey her words!

"No, no! I really asked! It was Ye Changqiu who said he had no time!" Liu Futian was agitated by her gloomy face and hurriedly explained. Suddenly something came to her mind and she hurriedly said to her: "Ye Changqiu also said that he would wait until next time. He'll see you again when he's free!"

After hearing this, Xu Yunzhen's ugly face became better. She glanced at Liu Futian coldly and was only willing to give up when she saw that she really didn't look like she was lying.

"Did he say when the next time will be?"

"Um..." Liu Futian's eyes wandered around, and she hesitated, and it was clear from a glance that she didn't know.

What a waste, you don’t even know this.

Xu Yunzhen sneered coldly, glanced at her and turned to leave.

Knowing that Xu Yunzhen was in a bad mood, Liu Futian was not stupid enough to bump into her and look for her. She followed her two steps away, with the little cleverness in her head spinning.

She suddenly walked forward and walked side by side with Xu Yunzhen. She turned her head and said in a low voice as if to take credit: "I saw a woman at Ye Changqiu's house that I had never seen before in the village. She was so tall, even taller than Master Ye."

It seemed like someone in the village No woman taller than her was seen.

"Female?" Xu Yunzhen frowned slightly, but she didn't care too much. After all, the people who could stay in the Ye family might be relatives from the Ye family.

"Yeah!" Liu Futian picked her nostrils with her fingers. Thinking of the tall and oppressive woman just now, she said in a booming voice: "She is really tall. There are no women that tall in the village."