Chapter 11: Liu Lan'er

In the past few days, Tongshan helped Guan set up a fence outside the yard. Because it was just ahead of the village road, the location was not big.

But it doesn't matter, anyway, for Tongshan, this is just to relieve Guan's boredom, and she doesn't expect to grow anything useful.

Tongshan's sleeves and legs were rolled up, and she was holding a hoe in her hand to help loosen the soil. Although the place was small, the soil was solid, and it took some effort with the hoe to get it in.

When the sun was shining brightly, drops of hot sweat slipped from her wheat-colored cheeks and dripped into the dark brown soil.

After the small piece of land was loosened, she straightened up, held the end of the hoe pole with her hand and wiped some sweat.

Guan on the side quickly poured a glass of water for her: "Are you tired? Go in and have a rest. We'll do it later."

Tongshan took the water glass and drank it up, then handed the empty glass back to him and said with a smile: " It's okay, I'm not tired, just sprinkle some more water and it'll be fine."

"Sprinkling water is easy, I'll do it later, you go back and have a rest." Mr. Guan felt sorry for his daughter's red face and pulled her arm. Just push it into the yard.

Tongshan had no choice but to obey his words, picked up the hoe and went back to the yard to sit and rest.

Outside, Mr. Guan was watering the small plot of land with a wooden bucket and a water ladle in one hand. Just two buckets of water were enough to pour the water evenly. Guan threw the water ladle back into the bucket and put the bucket back in the corner of the yard.

Guan walked back to his bedroom and put the half-finished men's red embroidery he had been embroidering with A Dan in the past few days into the basket of accessories. He went out to the yard and said to Tong Shan who was sitting in a daze: "I'm going to the village chief's house. I'll come back later to make lunch for you."

Her father seemed to have a special chat with the husband of Village Chief Liu. In the past few days, he had been walking there when he was free, and Tongshan was already used to it.

After the others left, Tongshan had nothing to do at home. She put her hands on the wooden table and leaned on it gently. Her eyes were blankly staring at the water tank. Ye Kai inadvertently came to mind again. What Kai Xia said to her a few days ago.

"That man suppressed his wife."

"Yes, after his wife died, he lived alone."

She frowned slightly, her long fingers unconsciously squeezing the wooden table.

Tongshan stood up, returned to the stove, wrapped the steamed meat buns and steamed buns in clean oil paper, and left the courtyard.

Her home was some way away from Jiang Huaiqing's place, and her house was a little further away, close to the outside of the village, and a little further away was the dense forest, so this location seemed cleaner.

Tongshan stood outside Jiang Huaiqing's courtyard door. She wiped her sweaty palms on her clothes nervously, raised her hand and knocked twice on the door.

After knocking, she immediately retracted her hand and stood upright.

For a long time, no one came to open the door.

Tongshan's tense nerves relaxed a little. She took a breath, raised her hand and knocked twice harder. She was about to turn around and leave when she confirmed that the person was not there.

But when she turned around, she saw the man standing not far from her. At this time, he seemed slightly surprised to see her: "Miss Tongshan, what are you?"