Chapter 17: Feelings

Although Jiang Huaiqing didn't say anything and still had a slight smile on his lips, Tongshan felt inexplicably that his mood was not very happy, at least not as happy as she thought.

There was a faint sadness in Tongshan's eyes. She didn't quite understand why the man was unhappy. She obviously saved money on the hairpin now that he had some money.

Don't you like this style? Thinking of this, Tongshan was even more worried. How could she understand this? She thought it was just a wooden hairpin.

Seeing that the man kept his head down and didn't speak, Tongshan pursed her lips and asked a little disappointed: "Don't you like it? If you don't like it, I'll ask Kaixia to carve another one for you..."

It's just today, it's definitely not going to work, and even this time is not enough. She will talk to Kai Xia tomorrow to see if Kai Xia can engrave another one. Tongshan is afraid that it will be too troublesome for people, so she just can’t go to town to have a look.

When she was still worried, she saw the man raising his head and looking at her, the smile on his lips remained unchanged, and his eyes were still soft: "Huaiqing is not unhappy, but he feels a little sorry for causing trouble to Miss Ye like this."

It turns out that's the case. Tongshan breathed a sigh of relief. It's okay if he likes it. After all, it took some time. If he doesn't like it, she really can only take it back to her father: "You don't have to worry about this, Kaixia. She didn't know that this hairpin was made for you."

After saying that, she felt that something was wrong with her words. Tongshan scratched her ears anxiously: "I mean...I mean... ."

She couldn't say it was because she was afraid that Ye Kaixia would know that it was made for him, so she would not want to do it? After all, the last time she saw Ye Kaixia, she seemed to be avoiding Jiang Huaiqing.

For a moment, Tongshan, who was not very good at talking, even frowned in worry, and her voice was hesitant and unclear.

Jiang Huaiqing looked at the woman's anxious look with a smile in his eyes. He didn't care what she said and interrupted her softly: "Miss Tongshan doesn't have to explain to Huaiqing like this. Miss Tongshan can help Huaiqing like this. Huaiqing is very grateful."

The man's considerate look calmed the flustered woman, and she looked at him intently, as if she had forgotten how much she was staring at him.

Jiang Huaiqing seemed unaware, and raised his hand to gently remove a few strands of hair stuck to his lips. The transparent liquid on the black hair shed a little luster on his lips due to the man's movements, and his lips were slightly pale. As if feeling the itch, he licked his lips lightly, and his pale lips were stained with a trace of blood.

This scene was a huge visual impact for Tongshan, who was usually stoic and would not even look at a man's face. Her wheat-colored face suddenly turned red, even her neck was dyed red.

After swallowing, those clear eyes seemed to be fixed in that spot, unable to move away no matter what. She want to rub the man's pale lips hard, that should make them more red.

"Miss Tongshan?"

"..."

"Miss Tongshan?" The man's soft voice was louder. When Tongshan reacted, he raised his sleeves to cover his lips and chuckled, his eyes full of fun: "Miss Tongshan is looking at Huaiqing like this, but what's on Huaiqing's face?"

The man's voice woke up Tongshan, but the next moment she was embarrassed by the man's teasing. She clenched her hands, her face turned red and she lowered her head fiercely, stammering. She said: "No, no, no, nothing..."