Chapter 51: Taking the Initiative

"What's wrong with you, Tongshan?" Realizing that the person next to her had not spoken, Ye Kaixia stopped talking and looked at her in confusion.

Tongshan dug her fingers on her thigh harder and harder, lowered her forehead slightly, and said muffledly: "It's okay..."

If Ye Changqiu really got sick because of eating her food, wouldn't she just became the culprit?

But she and her father ate that meal every day, and nothing happened. Ye Changqiu only ate half a bowl of rice, and he actually got sick!

If she had known that he was so delicate, she would not have allowed him to eat.

Subconsciously, Tongshan grasped all the root causes, and the more she thought about it, the more guilty she felt in her heart. She glanced around the yard and asked: "Where is Chang Qiu?"

"Rest in the bedroom." Ye Kaixia muttered to her towards the closed door, holding her head with one hand, bored. Knocking on the scrap wood in her hand: "Today he is just a little better. I will have to give him some medicine according to the doctor's recipe later."

Normally, when her mother is at home, she has the sole responsibility to take care of Ye Changqiu. Now her mother went to the private school, so she had to take care of him.

Alas, Ye Kaixia yawned weakly. She got up before dawn today. In addition, she had not been out for the past two days, so she was bored and sleepy.

She didn't know when Ye Changqiu would recover. If he was not well, she wouldn't be able to leave the house for a day.

Seeing Ye Kaixia's eyelids twitching and looking drowsy, Tongshan pursed her lips and suddenly suggested: "If you're sleepy, just go and have a rest. Anyway, I don't have anything to do now and I can help you boil the medicine."

Ye Kaixia was stunned when she heard the words, looked sideways, and said uncertainly: "You want to help me boil the medicine?"

Seeing the woman nodding, she grinned, chuckled twice, and patted Tongshan's shoulder: "Tongshan, you are so kind! Then come with me."

Ye Kaixia stood up impatiently and led her to the kitchen house.

She put the medicinal materials on the stove, put the decocting pot aside, and briefly explained to her, she happily planned to go back to the bedroom to sleep for a while. Before leaving, she did not forget to say: "If there is anything you don't understand, Just come to my room and call me."

Tongshan counted the medicinal materials in the medicine paper, followed her instructions and put a whole set of medicine into the decoction pot, then picked up the large bowl on the side and scooped out three bowls of water and poured it in , began to boil the medicine over a slow fire.

Tongshan is also familiar with the matter of decoction. In the past, when her father was sick, she would cook the medicine. Men's bodies are not as strong as women's, and they are most likely to catch wind and cold when the season changes.

Tongshan sat on a small wooden stool, staring at the burning fire with bright and clear eyes, and the memories deep in her mind slowly emerged.

She remember when she was a child, she saw her daddy sick for the first time. She was at a loss as to what to do. She could only hold her daddy’s lap and cry bitterly. At that time, her thoughts were extremely pure and pessimistic. She thought her daddy was going to die, and she couldn’t stop crying.

At that time, the uncle from the next door family helped. At that time, their family did not have much source of income. Tongshan herself was still young at that time, and her father had never been stingy when it came to food and drink. Almost all his money was spent on Tongshan.