Chapter 49: Illness

"Ah Shan, what are you doing outside? Come in and help!"

Guan's voice came from the kitchen room, and then the young man moved aside and got out of the way.

Tongshan passed him and took two steps inside when someone behind her grabbed her clothes. She frowned and turned back: "What's wrong?"

Ye Changqiu pursed his lips, his peach blossom eyes shimmering slightly, looking at her and wanting to speak. He rubbed the woman's coarse clothes with his fingers, and finally released his hand without saying a word.

Guan made three dishes in total, a vegetarian dish, a meat dish and a vegetable soup. He didn't expect that there would be one more person in the family eating, so Tongshan didn't buy anything specially when she came back, and the dishes were just as casual as usual.

"Changqiu, I don't have much food at home. I'm used to preparing this little food, so you can make do with it." Mr. Guan sat down next to the young man and wiped his hands with the coarse cloth on the table. He said with a slight smile.

Ye Changqiu glanced at the three or two dishes on the table, which were indeed incomparable to those at his home. He raised his eyes slightly and looked at Tongshan quietly sitting opposite: "Changqiu thinks it's good to be lighter."

"If you don't mind, just eat quickly." Guan asked him to use his chopsticks.

As soon as he finished speaking, Tongshan couldn't wait to pick up her chopsticks and took a big mouthful of rice. As soon as she stretched out her chopsticks, she picked up half of the vegetables on the plate.

"Ahem." Mr. Guan pretended to cough and glanced sideways at her: "You haven't eaten in a few days? Didn't you see any guests here?" This child, who didn't know better, thought she was reincarnated as a hungry ghost.

Tongshan stopped at getting the rice and glanced at Guan from the bowl. She felt a little aggrieved. Didn't she eat like this on weekdays? Her father had never said anything about her.

Tongshan secretly glanced at the person opposite who was eating like he was counting grains of rice. If she ate like him, she would probably starve to death.

But since Mr. Guan said this, Tongshan naturally wanted to listen, and his movements of chewing and picking up vegetables were a little gentler.

Ye Changqiu's eyes gently fixed on the woman for a moment, then turned away as if nothing had happened, and the corners of his lips curled up.

In the past, when he saw Ye Kaixia eating like this at home, he only felt vulgar and annoying, but for some reason, seeing this person look like this, he felt unusually...cute.

Women should be so generous and unrestrained when eating, unlike their men, who are too reserved and he can't stand it.

It's just...

Ye Changqiu chewed the food in his mouth carefully. This rice was different from his. It was rougher and harder to swallow, and it was even harder to swallow when it was paired with bland vegetables.

Ye Changqiu raised his eyes slightly and glanced at the person opposite who was eating with gusto. He suppressed the discomfort in his stomach and ate half a bowl of rice.

When clearing away the bowls and chopsticks, Guan glanced at the half bowl of rice left in front of the young man, feeling a little dissatisfied with this waste of food. He just told him if he didn't like it, so he gave him a smaller bowl.

Such people who have never experienced hardship in life simply do not know the value of food.

Clearly feeling Mr. Guan's displeasure, Ye Changqiu pursed his lips and explained slowly: "I'm sorry, Uncle Guan, Changqiu has a small appetite, so he just forgot to ask you to serve me less rice."