Chapter 68: Food Delivery

This time, Guan was cruel. Even after it was dark, he didn't ask the people kneeling in the courtyard to get up. He didn't even cook or eat the food. He locked himself in the room. Wait for Tongshan to wake up and repent.

The yard was shrouded in black mist. Tongshan knelt in the middle of the yard and her knees were numb. The summer mosquito bites made her rub her chin with her shoulder.

She looked up at the closed door, then lowered her eyes in despair, her body still kneeling straight and motionless.

She didn't know how long she had been kneeling, but Tongshan's eyelids had begun to fight up and down. Just when she was about to fall asleep on her knees, light finally appeared in front of her eyes.

The sleepiness that came over her faded away in an instant, and Tongshan suddenly opened her eyes and looked up at Guan, who was standing at the door with an unclear expression. However, she just glanced at him and lowered her head again. The hand hanging by her side scratched her leg nervously.

Guan stood at the door and looked at her quietly, his eyes drifting across the yard and looking out at the night. After a long time, he finally sighed and turned his eyes to the people in the yard again: "Get up, go take a bath first, I'll cook you something."

He did not mention today's topic, his voice was calm as if nothing had happened, he picked up the candle and walked into the kitchen.

It wasn't until she saw others entering the kitchen that Tongshan dared to move her stiff body. Fortunately, she immediately felt the pain in her knees, followed by a cramp in her calf.

"Hiss" Tongshan frowned, tilted her body slightly and put one hand on the ground, pinching her cramped calf with the other hand. After a while, she slowly stood up from the ground when she felt better.

She glanced in the direction of the kitchen house and limped towards the shower room. Although her father had not yet agreed, he at least felt relenting. The only thing Tongshan had to do now was to be obedient.

When she came out from a cold shower, Guan had already prepared food and put a lamp in her room. When he heard the noise, he didn't react at all. He blew on the hot soup in the bowl and sipped it in small sips.

Tongshan stood at the door for a long time, scratching her head, wondering whether she should go in or not.

Guan Shi glanced sideways at her and said, neither salty nor cold: "What are you doing standing there like a piece of wood? Why don't you come over and eat quickly."

Tongshan then quickly sat down in her seat and raised her hand like a prisoner who had been pardoned. She took a big bite of the prepared rice. She had not eaten anything today except for some at the restaurant at noon. She worked a lot and was already very hungry.

The middle-aged man frowned slightly. After all, she was still his daughter. Seeing her hungry and anxious, he still felt distressed. He filled another clean bowl with a bowl of hot soup and put it in front of her: "Eat slowly, don't choke. It's cooked."

"Dad, the food you cook is so delicious!" At this moment, Tongshan didn't forget to flatter him.

"The food cooked by your father is naturally delicious, so you should find a husband who can cook and work like your father and to come here and serve you..." Mr. Guan glanced lightly. He glanced at her and pointedly said: "What's the use of finding a young master like that? In addition to having a good-looking face, you also have to serve him. Wouldn't that be a punishment?"

Ye Changqiu looked like he was not touching the spring water with his fingers, looking at it, you can tell that there is no need to work on weekdays. He heard that A Dan said that their family moved from the capital. Those who have lived in the capital are not used to being served. It would be fine if they married and couldn't work, when the time comes to make troubles like this and that, isn't this just like marrying a troublesome person back, looking for trouble in vain!