Chapter 45: Waiting

After two days, Tongshan told the shopkeeper that she wanted to quit her job.

She originally wanted to give it some time, at least until this month, but her father kept urging her, so Tongshan had no choice but to tell the shopkeeper in advance.

The shopkeeper who was keeping the accounts paused in her hand, raised her head and asked in confusion: "Why?"

She thought she didn't treat her badly on weekdays, so why did she suddenly say she will quit?

This matter was indeed said in a hurry. Tongshan scratched her head in embarrassment and smiled, and explained to the shopkeeper: "Because I used to set up a stall selling steamed buns in the town, and then I stopped selling them because something happened. The stall is here, and now that matter is settled, so..."

"But..." Tongshan was afraid that the shopkeeper would regard her as the kind of person who comes and leaves whenever she wants, so she quickly added and said: "I'm just going to tell you now. I can stay in the restaurant for a few more days. I can leave after the shopkeeper recruits people."

Anyway, there is no rush for these few days. She can set up the stall anytime. She was afraid that if she leave in a hurry, it will be too busy here and she will cause trouble for others.

The shopkeeper didn't pay too much attention to what she said next, but she was a little curious that this tall woman could have such skills, and she couldn't help but become a little interested: "Can you make steamed buns?"

Tongshan was slightly stunned. She didn't expect her to ask this. She nodded blankly: "Well, I grew up eating steamed buns, so I learned how to make steamed buns from my father."

The woman said such a reason stupidly, which really made people want to laugh, and the shopkeeper chuckled, putting the purple brush aside: "Anyone can make these buns. There are more than just one or two people selling buns on the street. The most important thing is to see if you can make people remember your family."

The buns are only used to satisfy the hunger. As a matter of fact, the shopkeeper looked at the woman with a smile in her eyes and asked again: "Are you really not going to do this anymore?"

"Yes." Tongshan nodded without hesitation.

The shopkeeper sighed. She finally found a good guy who could equal one to three, but she didn't expect that she would be unable to keep her so soon.

She took out a box containing silver coins from the secret compartment under the table cabinet, and used the plate on the table to calculate the monthly money earned in these days: "This month, you have been working as a waiter in the restaurant for a total of 21 days. Including your daily food expenses, and deducting your rest time in the past few days..."

Tongshan did not expect that the shopkeeper would be so cheerful, and now she started to pay her monthly money, standing aside and looking at the woman with dazzled eyes. Her fingers were clicking on the plate, and she was speaking so fast that she could only half understand.

"Here, it's one, two, ninety dollars in total. Take it." The shopkeeper took out some broken silver from the box and handed it to her.

Tongshan didn't know if the calculation was correct, so she reached out to take it and stuffed it into her pocket.

"Don't you count?" The shopkeeper half-supported the table and raised her eyebrows, teasing.

After working for twenty days, she was already satisfied with almost two taels, not to mention that even if she counted it, she couldn't count them: "Didn't the shopkeeper already count them just now? Why count again."