Chapter 84: Weird

When the sky was dim, many people were so tired that they sat directly on the ground. After the fire, the eaves of the roof had been burned down to only a black charcoal frame. It is not difficult to imagine what happened to the people who stayed inside.

After a night, it was not bad. She picked up the wooden barrel on the side, looked at Ye Kaixia who was lying on the ground tiredly, and said softly: "Changqiu and I are going back first, do you want to come with us?"

She glanced not far away. The young man sitting next to the tree trunk was different from the wretched appearance of the others. He was as clean and spotless as when he came.

"You go back first, I will go back with my mother later." Ye Kaixia wiped the charcoal ash from her face, tilted her head and looked at Ye Shi, who was talking to the village chief not far away.

Tongshan nodded and walked towards the boy with the barrel in hand.

At this moment, Ye Changqiu was sleeping with his eyes closed. The hazy morning light shone on his face. His sculpted facial features were slightly pale, so delicate that it felt a little unreal.

Ye Changqiu, who was sleeping, was still very sensitive. When he heard the footsteps slowly approaching him, he opened his eyes slightly. When he saw the familiar shoe upper, he raised his head,

"Is everything done?"

The young man said in a relaxed tone, as if asking "Is this dish ready?" and he didn't feel depressed after witnessing a fire at all.

Somehow Tongshan suddenly remembered the smiling face she had mistakenly seen while putting out the fire last night. She nodded and said, "Well, let's go back."

She didn't need to take care of the rest. Tongshan stretched out her hand to help the person up. When the young man stood up and staggered, she half hugged him, and looked at him with worried eyes: "Can you stand still?"

Ye Changqiu held the woman's clothes tightly with both hands, nestled in her arms, and raised his cold eyes, He complained to her quite aggrievedly: "I sat on the grass all night and my legs are numb..."

Looking at his aggrieved look, Tongshan sighed helplessly. She had persuaded him many times last night to let him go back first, but don't listen. Who can blame you now that your legs are numb.

In the young man's vaguely hopeful eyes, Tongshan squatted down with her back to him: "Come up, I'll carry you back."

Looking at the woman's back, Ye Changqiu couldn't suppress the sweet smile on his lips, and he didn't hesitate. He obediently lay on her back, and when he caught a glimpse of the charcoal ash on the side of the woman's face, he stretched out his hand to wipe it away.

Tongshan scratched her slightly itchy face, held the boy's legs with her arms, stood up from the ground, looked back at the still smoking mess and the villagers gathered together to discuss, she bent slightly and pushed the boy on her back. She shook her head and walked home.

This was the second time Ashan carried him on her back, and it felt completely different from the first time. Ye Changqiu pressed his face against the woman's shoulder, feeling the satisfaction and comfort he had never experienced before. He couldn't help but squint his eyes happily, as if the slicked-down cat yawned lazily and slowly fell asleep with the woman's steady steps.

Hearing the even breathing in her ears, Tongshan walked more slowly. After arriving home, she carefully placed the sleeping person on the bed. During this period, he opened his eyes, glanced at her and fell asleep again.

After helping him take off his coat and covering him with a thin quilt, Tongshan walked out of the bedroom quietly. She patted the charcoal ash on her body and hair, planning to take a bath first.