Chapter 69: Breaking Off the Engagement

For Tongshan, these few finger-sized cakes were just enough for her to stuff between her teeth, but luckily they also filled her stomach, so she wouldn't be as hungry as when she woke up.

"Thank you, I'll give this back to you." Tongshan nodded gratefully to the boy and handed the empty food box back to him.

Ye Changqiu tilted his head slightly, glanced at the food box, and then raised his eyes to look at her lightly. After a moment, he slowly stretched out his hand to take it: "You are so polite..."

There was a bit of dissatisfaction in his words.

He didn't like the way she was so polite and distant towards him. It was obvious that they would be close relatives soon.

Putting the food box aside, the young man moved his body and slowly got closer to her. He turned his head and stared at the woman's profile for a while, pursed his red lips, and asked softly: "You... but Did you tell Uncle Guan about the matter?"

After wiping his hands for a moment, Tongshan looked at the withered grass on the ground, nodded silently, and responded solemnly: "Yes, I told him."

The corners of Ye Changqiu's bright red lips were slightly raised, and he leaned on the stone. His fingers tightened, and his eyes were fixed on her.

Tongshan felt uncomfortable being stared at by the young man's hot eyes. She stood up quickly and took two steps to the side. She glanced at him lightly and said, "Go back quickly. I'm going to the restaurant."

The young man raised his jade neck and said, His eyes fell on her chin, and his red lips moved: "Why do you go so early? Obviously, you go that early on weekdays..."

"What?"

Although he said the last sentence very softly, but Tongshan still vaguely heard it clearly, and was a little surprised by his tone, as if he knew what time she went out on weekdays.

Ye Changqiu pursed his lips and said no more, his gaze slowly look downwards, falling on the purse at her waist, a cold light flashed across his eyes, and he suddenly raised his head again, pointing at the purse with sincere eyes: "Are you going to keep wearing this?"

Tongshan was stunned, and followed his instructions and looked down at her waist.

"I know this is what Lan'er gave to you..." The young man pursed his red lips slightly, and his face, as clear as white jade, looked a bit enchanting. There was a grievance that could not be ignored in his resentful eyes: "Aren't you going to cancel his marriage? Wouldn't it be misleading to wear it like this?"

Yes...

She got used to it for a while, that she forgot about it. To avoid this aspect, Tongshan nodded ignorantly, and quickly took off the purse from her waist to keep it, and then return it to Liu Lan'er when she saw him again.

But...how did this person know that it was Lan'er who gave it to her?

"Shall I help you return it to Lan'er?" Ye Changqiu took advantage of the situation and looked up with a pure smile, saying sincerely: "I know Lan'er well, and he often comes to my house, so I can help you return it. It's just a matter of convenience."

"This..." Tongshan was a little hesitant. After all, it was given to her by someone else. It seems that it would be better in person?

"Ah Shan, can't you trust me?" The young man put his hands on the stone, tilted his head, and stared at her quietly.

"No..."

"Then just let me help you with it. Besides..." Ye Changqiu turned his eyes slightly, picked up the food box on the side, and stood up slowly. He turned around and looked into her eyes: "You are so busy on weekdays, how can you return the purse in your free time?"