Chapter 7: Getting to Know

In the early morning, the young man sat in front of the bronze mirror and pulled up his dark hair and tied it behind his head. He put on the light-colored linen gown that was placed aside. He picked up the rouge placed in front of the bronze mirror and lightly touched it with his index finger. Dot and apply lightly on his lips.

Ye Changqiu looked at the young man in the mirror with indifferent eyes. His handsome face was a little bit demonic because of the touch of rouge.

"Tsk" the young man tsked coldly, his beautiful eyebrows furrowed in disgust, he raised his hand and roughly wiped off the rouge on his lips with his thumb.

There was a knock on the door , and the woman's elegant voice came: "Changqiu, are you up?"

"Yes." Ye Changqiu responded lightly and put the rouge in his hand back to its original place. Go over and open the door.

Ye Shi, who was outside the door, had a ruler and a book in her hand. When she saw the young man opening the door, she said softly: "Mom has to go to the private school first. You can eat breakfast when it's ready. I'll come back when I'm free at noon. You guys make lunch."

The young man's cold eyes turned slightly and looked at the stone table in the yard behind him, where he saw Ye Kaixia devouring pancakes with a pancake in her hand. His eyes turned to the middle-aged woman in front of him again: "Mom, no need for lunch. I came here specially so that I can cook for myself in the afternoon."

Ye Kaixia, who was devouring food over there, heard the young man's words and looked sideways, with a look of carelessness and questioning: "You know how to cook? Are you trying to take advantage of mother's absence? Poison me?"

"Kaixia, don't talk nonsense!" Ye Shi turned around and scolded the woman.

Ye Kaixia snorted and turned her face away, but said no more.

In fact, let alone Ye Kaixia, even Ye Shi was a little unsure. After all, she had never seen the boy cooking. Ye Shi coughed lightly and said to the boy: "Mom, it's okay, it's just a trip. You You can tell me how much you want to eat, and mother will cook it for you then."

The young man walked past her to the stone table, picked up a small bowl, filled a bowl of porridge, and continued calmly: "Changqiu will send the rice to you then. Mother."

The two people in the courtyard were stunned. Ye Kaixia raised her eyebrows and winked at him, as if she had just met him.

"Then..." Her son said he wanted to cook for her, and Ye Shi was really looking forward to it: "That's all right, if you find it troublesome then ask Kaixia to help you."

"I can't!" Ye Kaixia responded reflexively.

"Aside from eating, what else can you do?" Ye Shi frowned.

Ye Kaixia raised her chin in dissatisfaction and nodded at the person sitting opposite her: "Mom, you can talk about me, but what about him!"

"Piano, chess, calligraphy, painting, male celebrities, sewing, everything I can do, you can't do it, I even know the Four Books and Five Classics better than you." The young man who had been silent chewed the sweet porridge carefully, looking at her coldly with a trace of ridicule in his eyes.

"You" Ye Kaixia was blocked by him for a moment. Her face, which was very similar to the young man, was suppressed in red. She narrowed her eyes and glared at him fiercely. She snorted and turned away, pretending not to hear.

Then she sarcastically whispered unconvincedly: "You are just pretentious all day long."

The young man narrowed his eyes instantly, and a sneer appeared on the corner of his lips, and sarcastically said: "It's better than some people being stupid."