Fifty-Seven

*Lily's p.o.v*
38 weeks. Yes 38. I was beyond pregnant, so massive and sore. I'm so ready to give birth, everyday I had been drinking my raspberry leaf tea and bouncing on my exercise ball.

The bassinet was built and ready to go. I had packed my hospital bag and that was sitting by the elevator.

I was currently in the process of washing the baby clothes and making sure they were hung out ready to go.

I was in the living room, taking deep breaths as I bounced on my exercise ball. This baby was taking its damn time to come into this world.

Travis came out of the spare bedroom, he had been on the phone for a while.

"Lily" he said

"Yes?" I asked stopping my bouncing.

He came over and crouched in front of me.

"What?" I asked feeling nervous

"I need to go to Vegas with Mason to deal with some things. I'll be back in about a week" Travis said

"Trav, I could go into labour any minute"

"I know. We are going in a private jet so I can be back here in 6 hours if you go into labour"

"6 fucking hours? Are you insane? I can have the baby in 6 fucking hours. You won't make it"

"It's a risk I have to take baby, I need to go"

Tears streamed down my cheeks.

"I can't do this alone Travis. I can't have this baby without you" I sobbed

"I will try to be as quick as humanly possible. I'm so sorry, I know this is bad timing"

"Fuck you. Fuck your stupid job. If I have this baby alone, we are so done" my voice broke

I stood up, I waddled my way towards the bedroom.

"Lily please baby" Travis said following me

I slammed the door in his face and crawled onto the bed. I cuddled up under the blankets and sobbed into my pillow.

The idea of not having Travis with me through labour was terrifying. I felt so prepared for labour up until this moment and now I just felt very much alone.

I ended up passing out from crying so much.

When I woke up, it was 7pm. It was getting dark. The baby started to kick me. I needed to eat something.

I grabbed my phone from the bedside table and I saw a text from Travis.

Babe: I love you. I'm so sorry. Please call me if you go into labour.

I put my phone back down, ignoring the message. I was so pissed off. Like beyond angry at him for leaving.

When I was able to pull myself out of bed, I walked out to the living room and checked the baby's clothes. Some of them were dry so I made a pile of ones to be folded.

Then I remembered the baby's change table got delivered and it was in the spare bedroom. I didn't have it built yet. It had three big draws under it for the clothes.

I walked over, opened the door and started to push the packages out. The lift opened and my head snapped up. My body tensed out of fear but then Jackson walked out.

"Fuck Lily. Don't go pushing heavy things around" he said

"I have to build this for baby"

"I'll do it"

"Travis isn't here" my eyes watered

"I know. He called me. Jess and I are going to stay until he gets back to keep an eye you"