Forty-Three

*Lily's p.o.v*
I was currently sitting in bed. It had been two weeks since the bar opened and I had been working every night. It was good for my bank account and my body was becoming more use to the activity again.
Travis kept telling me to take a day off to relax but I didn't really want to.

It would be closed over the Christmas and new year break so that would be my time to relax.

I was sitting up in bed, I was reading until Travis came in and he came and sat at the edge of the bed. He was holding a folder.

"What's that?" I asked

"All the information about your mum from the last 5 years"

"Oh. So she's alive?"

"Yes baby. Do you still want to read it?" Travis asked rubbing my leg

I nodded and put my cup of tea down. He handed me the folder and then kissed my forehead

"I'll give you a moment alone. Just let me know if you need me"

"Okay"

Travis left the bedroom and I took a deep breath and opened the file. A picture of my mum sat on the first page. She looked just like me. Her hair was long and that same blonde as mine. We had the same features. Features I didn't remember.

I saw she was married. She was now Danielle Cooper.
She was leaving in Colorado and had two kids.
My mum had two babies after abandoning me.

Tears pricked my eyes as I looked at the pictures of a little blonde 6 year old girl and a 2 year old boy. They were so smiley and happy to be holding their mum's hand. Just like I was.

The tears fell to the page. I shuffled through so much information. There were pictures of her wedding, pictures of the children having birthdays and their parties.

My chest constricted.

I could barely breathe.

I shoved all the papers off the bed and I curled up into a ball sobbing into my arms. I must of been quite loud because I felt hands on my naked body and Travis pulled me into his arms.

"Shhh it's okay" he whispered to me, kissing the top of my head.

I sobbed myself to sleep.

For me, the thing that hurt was how she just went and had more kids and replaced me like I meant nothing.
I was her child too. I didn't get love like they did.

I woke up in the late afternoon. It was around 5:30. I pulled myself out of bed and I went to take a shower.

Unfortunately I needed to be in a bit of a rush since I was working tonight.
Then I just sat at the edge of the bathtub and started to wipe my tears away. I was feeling really down.

Travis walked into the bathroom and he crouched down in front of me.

"Why don't you take tonight off baby? Get some rest" he said

"I don't want to be alone and you won't be here. It will be good for me to have a distraction" i sniffled

"Alright beautiful"

I was so upset with everything and so Travis ended up drying me off because I was so tired and shaky.

I went into the bedroom and I slid some panties up my legs. I got my stockings on and then put a tight black skirt on.

Then I was getting my bra on. My hands were not sorting themselves out, they wanted to keep shaking.
Travis came to behind me and strapped me in.

I slipped my long sleeve work top on and he pulled it down for me and then he had to do my boots for me since I couldn't tie the laces.