Thirty

*Lily's p.o.v*
I had been in a coma for two weeks. Two days ago, I had a seizure. It came out of nowhere and I could feel the concern radiating off of everyone in the room as my body shook violently on the bed.

When I had settled down, I heard the doctor saying something about epilepsy.
I apparently have had it my whole life. I didn't know that my past records say that I had a seizure at 6 and that's when I was diagnosed but my parents have never told me that.

Because of being in my state, my brain wasn't the same and it hasn't had the same activity. I felt even more exhausted after my seizure.
At the two week mark I was taken for an MRI.

To check if anything had changed.

I knew I had gotten back to my room when a strong hand touched mine and then another hand stroked my hair.

"Was that your way of telling me that you're still here with me?" I heard Travis ask

He really hasn't left my side.

"It was very dramatic but you're always dramatic baby, it's something I love about you. I never thought I would miss you telling me how much your stomach hurts every night"

I wanted to reach out and kiss him so badly, hug him. My body wouldn't let me though but his statements made me laugh. He was so funny.

I found myself going to sit under that tree again in my in-between coma world. Sarah sat beside me.

"I want to go home now" I said to her

"Then fight Lily. All you have to do is fight"

"I had a seizure"

"I know. You're still alive though. Fight babe. Go home to your man"

"I don't know how to. My body is so tired"

"You have to wake up. You know how. Push yourself to wake up okay?"

"Okay"

But nothing I did worked. I stayed in my coma for another two weeks, a full month had passed.

*Travis's p.o.v*
I didn't think I would still be here a month later in a hospital room with Lily in her coma.
I haven't shaved since she got in here, I was losing my mind.

And I went out to the find the doctor.

"Why isn't she waking the fuck up?" I asked

"Mr. Caine, there was never any guarantee she would wake up. Comas are complicated, her body went through a lot and it's shut down to heal"

"Are you telling me she's dead? That she will never wake up?"

"I'm not saying that. Lily could stay in a coma for over a year and wake up, she still has brain activity so it's still possible"

"She's been in a coma for a month. You keep telling me she has fucking brain activity but why won't she wake up?"

"I can't answer that. There isn't any reason to comas"

"I need her to wake up"

"I understand that. We will continue monitoring her"

The anger was getting the best of me and so I stormed back to her room and did what I also do, I held her hand and I waited for when she was ready.

More days passed and I was becoming more and more fed up and frustrated with this whole situation. I didn't know if I was suppose to let her go, pull the plug. Lily and I have never had these conversations. It was never anything I thought we would need to talk about.