Fifty-Six

*Lily's p.o.v*
30 weeks along in this pregnancy, I was so heavy and sore all over. My bump was huge and I just felt drained of all my energy. All of baby's clothes were ready to go. The bassinet, rocker, change table had all been delivered.

I had started my collection of nappies, wipes, creams and all of my postpartum stuff. I need a load of pads, adults diapers, cooling pads and ice packs. I learnt all of this from an online class hosted by a doula who went through all the stages of birth and what helps during the healing process.

The pregnancy hasn't been the easiest and on top of it all, I've been doing my masters course in psychology. As it was online, I was able to do most of it from bed where I was the most comfortable with my pregnancy pillow. I would just watch lectures and write notes to be typed up later on.

It hadn't been all too bad. My mind was filled with the fear of birth. I was so terrified to have this baby. The idea of pushing out a baby. Eek.
However I was also excited and been watching a lot of videos about taking control of your birth. It was empowering as a woman. I decided that epidural was definitely the way to go.

I had a plan in my head. I knew that I would have to labour at home for a while as the hospital wouldn't take us in so early. I was only allowed in if I was experiencing bleeding, no feeling of baby moving or my contractions are about 6 minutes apart.

So i needed to create a safe, calming space to labour. I brought a whole bunch of fair lights and I planned to put them in the bedroom and the living room area. I didn't know where I would feel the most comfortable, where I would want to be so I just wanted to cover all bases.

Right now, I was working on an assignment at the dining table. I had my notes on one side of the table and a plate of pickles, left over pizza and cheese on the other.

Yesterday we had an ultrasound appointment where I found out the baby had flipped upside down. I had felt some odd pressure but i didn't think too much of it until the doctor told me that would be baby spinning around getting ready for birth.

Apart from that, everything was good. Baby was very healthy and well so that's all that matters. My blood test results came back good.

After working on an assignment for most of the day. I got up and started to make dinner. I probably had about four meals a day now since being pregnant. I was so insatiable.

I made up one of my favourite salads, a fruit salad too. The main dinner itself, I made chicken parmigiana for Travis and an eggplant one for me. Aka, his was from a packet since I didn't like touching meat.

But I still put it in the oven and added the sauce and cheese so it was like fully homemade in my opinion.

I did a side of spaghetti too. With just a basic red sauce. Perfect.

Just in time as I was plating it up, the elevator dinged and Travis walked in talking on the phone.

He came into the kitchen and gave me a kiss. He walked out to the balcony after and I put the food on the table by the couch. After sitting at the dining table doing my school work, there was no chance of me eating there too.

I crossed my legs on the couch and covered my lap with a blanket before I grabbed my plate of food and started to eat.

Travis joined me not too long later. He sat down and grabbed his plate.

"Thank you beautiful girl" he said

"You're welcome" I responded.

"How are you feeling?"

"Ready to not be pregnant anymore"

"Not too long left now"

"I know. I still have things to get"