Nineteen

*Lily's p.o.v*
I slept for 12 hours and it was the best sleep in the world. I woke up groggy and feeling nauseous but relaxed at the same time. I could of easily rolled back over and gone back to sleep but I pulled myself of bed and I brushed my teeth. I just kept Travis's jumper on as it was so comfortable.

Then I left the bedroom and saw Travis sitting on the couch. He was sitting back on his phone. His eyes came to mine.

"Good morning sunshine" he said

I looked at the time and it was almost 2pm.

"Good morning"

I walked over and I curled up on the couch beside him. Travis put his arm over my shoulders.

And I rested my head on his chest.

"Did you sleep alright?"

"Yeah. Really good"

"I came to check your pulse a few times, you were out of it"

"Thank you for getting me the pills"

"It's alright, I don't want you taking them every night though. They are really strong"

I sighed.

"Okay. I need to sleep though babe, I know you don't understand it but it makes me feel numb"

"I know I don't fully understand it but I don't want you getting addicted. You have to deal with the feelings without drugs eventually babe"

"It's not the feelings. It's the nightmares"

"Have you considered going to see a therapist?"

"Too expensive"

"I can pay for it baby"

"No"

"What do you mean no?"

"I mean no. I can't do it. I don't want you to pay for anything"

"I'm happy to do it"

"It's fine"

I closed my eyes and listened to his heartbeat.

He rubbed my back and I just melted into him.

Travis was my safe person.

And I regret ever pushing him away.

Even though I thought at the time he was responsible, I felt so bad about that. I knew that if that didn't happen he could of helped me heal.

"Hey" Travis squeezed me and he looked at me so worried, I realised I had tears running down my cheeks.

"Sorry. I just feel really bad about everything I did to you"

"Lily don't worry about it. You had been hurt, I don't blame you for taking it out on me, you were told it was me right?"

"Yes" I stiffened at the harrowing thought of being whispered to that this was for Travis.

"You weren't in the right headspace. You had been badly hurt. I take what you said very lightly"

"Can I ask you a question?"

"Yeah"

"Am i at risk of it happening again because I'm friendly with you again?"

"No. I won't let it happen to you again"

"But you can't keep your eye on me 24/7"

"I've had eyes on you baby. Since the night you came here. One of my men have always been watching you baby"