Fifty-Three

*Lily's p.o.v*
Today I woke up with this intense feeling in my chest. I didn't sleep well at all last night and that's because I had a nightmare. My first one since being pregnant and I realised something. Today it has been one year since I was raped. All the memories had flooded my brain and I felt like I couldn't escape it. There was so much pain in my chest, that feeling I woke up with was like pressure and anxiety.

I was 19 weeks pregnant and Baby Caine was causing havoc on my bladder and already causing me a lot of pain in my joints. My bump was constantly growing and because I was quite short overall, my doctor said that my bump would be quite large and uncomfortable.

Great.

Anything for my baby though.

When I found the energy to get out of bed, I just put on some bike shorts and a bralette with just one of Travis's business tops.

It was the most comfortable thing for me to wear.

I went to the kitchen and I made myself my one iced coffee for the day and sat on the couch, I took a few sips and i just felt very tired and sad.

I picked up my phone and I called Travis but he didn't answer. He usually calls me back pretty quick but he didn't. I needed him.

But as the time passed, I had a really bad panic attack and then I just sobbed. I sobbed so much thinking of my trauma and all the pain i still carried.

*Travis's p.o.v*
There was a lot of things happening. Two nights ago, one of Chase's drug shipments were blown up by an unidentified source. Obviously because it was a fucking explosion, the cops were all over the area and while the majority of the department were in my back pocket there were new detectives.

I had a storage unit near the dock that currently one of my cousins were using for shipments of guns and ammunition. I had all the available equipment needed at the dock to source buyers and ship things out now i currently had people in the office at the bar scrubbing the Caine name from anything to do with that dock and that storage locker.

Those bastards would do anything to see a Caine go to prison for something. It would never happen though, we were very smart and calculated people.

I can't lie, when I heard that Chase's million dollar drug shipment got blown to pieces, I was in a fit of laughter that brought tears to my eyes. That low life of a man deserved every bit of pain that came to him. He hurt the love of my life, my almost wife and he would forever suffer the consequences.

I was so busy throughout today that I missed a couple of Lily's phone calls. I didn't think much of it since she often called me during the day just to talk, nothing serious.

But when I got home just after 6pm, Lily was sitting on the couch. She was clearly upset and just rubbing her bump.

"Hey" I said walking over and I stood in front of her.
I went to lean down and kiss her.

"Don't touch me" she said softly

"Why? What have I done?"

"I just don't want to be touched right now"

"Okay. Do you want to talk?"

"I did. Not anymore" she said

"I'm sorry baby. I've just had a lot on today"

Lily slowly stood up. Her limbs were shaky. I went to grab her arm to help her but she pulled away.

"Lily" I sighed

"Please just don't. I just want everyone to leave me alone" she started to cry

"Okay. Alright baby"