Fifty

*Travis's p.o.v*
Lily was pregnant. I didn't react well, I could admit that. It was unexpected even though there was always a chance since I was lousy with protection.

But I guess in the back of my mind, I didn't accept that it would actually happen. It makes sense now with how sick she had been.

And I regret shutting down on my girl when she needed me. I realised I fucked up when she was yelling at me naked in the hallway and then left.

It was a tough night without her beside me, she has been in my bed every night for months and last night she wasn't so it was lonely and cold.

It was 10am and i was having some coffee on the couch. I was just in a pair of my sweatpants and I heard the elevator doors open.

A moment later, Lily came into the space and she was wearing one of my hoodies and pj pants.

"Hey baby" I said

She gave me a small smile.

"Hey" she said softly and slowly sat down, she sat cross legged facing me.

"How are you feeling?" I asked

"Nauseous and tired"

"Did you sleep okay?"

Lily shook her head

"Not really. I don't like fighting with you"

"I know. I don't either baby. I think it was just a lot to take in and we both acted irrationally"

"Yeah I guess so" she shrugged

"What do you want to do?"

"Why are you insinuating that there is any other option than having our baby?" Her eyes watered

"Because there is. You're young, you've just applied for all the masters programs for uni. We don't have to go through with the pregnancy and there isn't anything wrong with that"

I started to rub my hand over her leg

Lily looked down and she let a lot of tears fall.

"Is that what you want?" She asked softly, not looking at me.

"I want whatever is best for you"

I grabbed some tissues from the table and I moved closer to Lily. I tucked the tissues into her hands and then brought her into my chest. My arms wrapped around her body and I held her.

For the majority of that day we stayed just together.

I had to go to the bar to do some paperwork. We were opening up again in a week. I had to get all the delivery stuff sorted out.

I didn't get home until just after 10pm. I was exhausted.

The lights were mainly off apart from the tv that I saw when I was walking towards the bedroom.
Lily was passed out asleep on the couch and usually I would carry her to the bedroom or wake her up to come to bed but knowing she was really sick, I didn't want to disturb her.

I turned the tv off and fixed her blanket before I pressed a kiss to her forehead.

Then I went to the bedroom and I took a shower. I was thinking about us. We may be having a rough patch but regardless, Lily and I were made for each other, she is my girl, my future wife and we would get through anything.