Chapter 62 - Underground.

"Anti, can I ask a question?" I talked to the mirror.

"Fine." The demon's voice came out of the speaker.

"Why are you looking for Jackie anyway?" I asked.

"We have unfinished business with him." He replied. "I have no reason to tell them to you."

"When is the last time you've seen him?" I asked instead, leaning my head against the wall.

"He was kidnapped last summer." Anti said through the speaker. "After he came back he caused us a lot of trouble... then just disappeared."

"Kidnapped?" I asked. "Do you know why?"

"No idea, I just know he was looking for something on the dark web." The man replied.

I sighed, laying down on the bed. "I see..."

"Why are you asking?" Came out of the speaker.

"Just curious." I shrugged.

-

"Get up." A voice woke me up one day. I looked around, realizing I was alone in the cell. Who said that? I wondered when suddenly I heard voices outside. "Are you okay?" Dark's voice said.

"Y-yes... I just stumbled, I'm fine." I heard Alisia's voice. "Master, what happened to Anti's puppets?"

"They were foolish." Dark replied. "They tried to escape their master and had to pay for their foolishness."

"Are they dead?" She asked.

"Do you still care for them?" I heard Dark chuckle on the other side of the door.

"I guess, they used to be my friends..." The girl said softly.

"Don't worry about it." The demon replied.

I stepped back from the door when I heard their footsteps pass, surprised when I heard new footsteps approach the door.

"What are you standing here for?" Anti frowned.

"I was just... Nothing." I shook my head. "Why are you here? I thought you don't want to see me anymore."

"I wanted to ask you..." The man began, sitting on the bed. "You and Crow had a plan on finding Jackie, didn't you?"

"Well, yeah, I guess?" I nodded. "It wasn't much of a plan, really... but it was worth trying."

"Can you try doing it?" He asked.

"Now? I don't know... I didn't even finish my trainings and it's been so long since..." I muttered.

"What do you need for that?" The man got up.

"I-... A map." I replied.

"Alisia said he's close... He's probably in the void." Anti noted. "Wait here." He added before exiting the cell.

-

The door opened again and Anti walked in, holding a large scroll. He laid the scroll on the table, rolling it open and turning back to me.

"This isn't going to work." I sighed as I approached him. "Please don't expect much..."

"I know." The demon said. "But I still want you to try."

"Fine." I breathed in and closed my eyes, hovering my hand above the map. I felt my heartbeats increase- the more I concentrated the stronger I felt Anti's presence beside of me. I didn't even notice how desperately I missed it till that point... I caught my thoughts before they went too far off topic, concentrating on the map underneath my fingers instead.