Chapter 28 - Scared.

Even though Anti has been away for a while, his presence never left.

I kept hearing footsteps, even when knowing I was alone in the house. I kept hearing that familiar buzzing static. My heart kept racing each time I heard whispers echoing around me. I could swear I could hear his voice from time to time, saying something illegible in the depths of my mind.

I was going crazy.

I had to be. The demon was away after all... He wasn't even in the void! And yet it felt like he was right there.

Sam... is this because he's gotten stronger? I thought, my head nodded in response. Oh god. His presence was so heavy... even when he was away. So terrifyingly heavy I felt as though it could just crash me altogether.

Emma entered the room, making me turn around. She looked tense.

"Do you feel Anti's presence?" I asked.

The girl looked confused for a moment then replied. "Sort of? I feel his aura... as if he's still here..."

"Exactly." I nodded. "I don't get it."

"Alright, I have to go to the gates." Emma sighed, passing by me.

"Take care of yourself." I muttered.

She stopped looking at me. "I... sure."

-

I found myself wandering through the empty corridors. Whispers kept moving around inside my head, ever so softly chattering words I couldn't understand. Giggles, laughter, it kept going and coming, low, pitched... what was so funny? And suddenly I was wrapped in silence. It was choking me down, only my footsteps left to fill in the emptiness. I stopped, leaning against the wall, but the footsteps didn't. They rushed, faster and faster they approached me until they stopped, right behind of me. I swallowed, turning around. Of course there was no one, I was alone in the house. I bit my knuckles, turning forwards.

I just needed to rest. Yeah. That's it. I started walking again, feeling my whole body going numb as I dropped to my knees. I tried to swallow but my throat was too dry. I felt as though my lungs stopped working as I was staring at the red walls. The light kept blinking, but I couldn't tell anymore if that was actually happening or was just inside my mind. A shadow walked passed by me, I looked at it, terrified when I realized it wasn't really there.

Help me... I curled up on the floor.

-

I don't remember how I ended up at the demons' part of the house. I was walking slowly, my body shuddering from the constant whispers. A single thought kept coming back, over and over appearing in my mind only to be brushed aside by me. Sam... I've gone insane... didn't I? I chuckled, opening one of the doors. I watched the green walls, the static stopping just for a moment. I didn't want to think anymore. I couldn't think anymore. I entered the room, looking around. "Why aren't you here?" I whispered, so lightly it didn't even reach my own ears. I looked to my side, seeing a silver locket laying on the nightstand, standing out from the dark interior.

I took the locket. Observing it from all the angles. It looked old, but well treated. Opening it, I saw a photo on the inside, but the face was scratched out.

"What are you doing here?" The voice made my blood freeze.

I turned around, the locket still in my hand, seeing the demon's eyes turning black in an instant.

"What the fuck do you think you're doing?!" He yelled, grabbing onto my arm. He yanked the locket away from my hand and put it in his pocket. "Who taught you to touch other's belongings?!" He yelled, still holding my arm. "Especially your master's!" He shook me.