Chapter 38 - Longing.

"Crow... When is Anti coming back?" I asked.

"What, already missing our glitch demon?" Crow smirked.

"I-... I'm not." I huffed, feeling heat radiating form my face.

"Don't get so self-conscious about it." He laughed. "You're a puppet, I get it. Probably feels a lot safer when the puppet master is around... yeah?"

I looked away, sighing. "Yeah." I mumbled. "Crow why are you working for him?" I asked.

"What do you mean?" He tilted his head.

"You're not a puppet, you're not even under his influence... why are you on Anti's side?" I explained.

"I don't know?" He shrugged. "Never thought about it too much..." He stretched. "I knew about him for a while through Robin, he started working for him after Jack was gone, after all... And then I came across him and... well, here we are now."

"Yeah but like-" I interrupted. "No matter how you look at it, he trusts you more than anyone else... And you're actually loyal to him and everything..."

Crow laughed. "I don't know... I'm just interested to see what he manages to do?..." He smiled.

Sam flew into the room, bumping into Crow. "What is it buddy?" I asked, he looked worried.

"Did something happen?" Crow asked, the Septiceye motioning to the corridor. "Is it the girl?" He added, leaping off the couch when Sam nodded. I ran after Crow, both of us stopping at the doorway to the room she was in. The demon opened the door and we entered the room, seeing Emma's body laying on the floor, unconscious. Deep cuts ran along her wrist and arm, repeatedly crossing the Septiceye tattoo and covering it with blood. "Oh fuck." Crow hissed, getting her head off the floor.

The lights flickered repeatedly in the room, Anti appearing beside us. "What happened?" He sighed.

"Anti- We just found her..." Crow muttered, looking back at the girl. "I have no idea how she got herself free..."

"Move it." Anti sighed, taking a closer look at Emma. "Alona go fetch some bandages."

"Yes!" I nodded hastily.

-

"What happened to you?" Anti asked once Pandora woke up.

"I wanted to hear her cry." She smiled. The girl was sitting on the bed, surrounded by Anti, Crow, me and multiple Sams.

"So you cut yourself?" He asked.

"Yeah, any problems with that?" She asked.

The man took her arm, pressing forcefully on the tattoo. "Yes, actually, I can feel it when you do anything to the tattoo..." He hissed. "I would appreciate it if you didn't do anything to it unless you want me to pay you a visit."

"Fine." She pulled her arm back.

"So... 'Emma', are you better?" Anti smiled.

"What are you-... Yes... I think I feel better..." Pandora's voice changed all of a sudden.

"I'm watching over you." Anti said softly.

"I know..." Pandora sighed in Emma's voice

"I'll need you to at least pretend to do her job." Anti explained. "Standing at the gates and everything."

"Fine." The girl growled.

"We have a few more days before Dark and Alisia come back... so you'll have time to practice." Anti smiled.