Chapter 24 - Hidden scars.

I opened the door, seeing Anti sitting on the floor, his back leaning against the wall. His hands were bloody as they were holding onto his neck. He looked over at me, his eyes watery. "Just leave." He muttered.

I sighed, closing the door and hurrying towards the demon's office. I grabbed clean bandages and soon entered his room again, sitting in front of him. "You'll lose control... Don't bother with me." His voice was faint.

I took his hands, pulling them away from his throat. "You don't need to bandage me." He noted, letting his hands lay motionlessly on the floor. "It's not like I can die..." He added.

"And yet you are dying." I said.

"Stop looking at me with that half-assed 'understanding' expression, you're pissing me off." The demon growled. "It's not gonna make me tell you what is going on." He added.

I shook my head. "I, honestly, don't even want to know." I replied, setting the bandages near me.

"Then? You're going to sit here till I'm better? Cause that is not happening anytime soon." He sighed, leaning his head against the wall. That was the first time I actually looked over at his wound. His throat wasn't bleeding as much as I expected, but the cut was sickeningly deep. I watched Anti's hand as it traced the cut, picking at it, as though trying to pry it open. "Does it make you feel so sick that your eyes turned white?" He smirked.

"I... I don't know anymore." I muttered, he was right at one thing- I felt too sick for my own good.

"You will pass out at this rate." He smiled, I watched the blood drip down his fingers as he pressed the cut.

"Sir... don't do this, please." I asked, not knowing if I was more worried about him or my own state. "This is enough...-" I begged when he picked up the knife.

"Don't look then." He replied. I instinctively closed my eyes, hearing the demon hiss. I looked again, seeing the demon's eyes being even more watery than before. I glanced at the cut for a moment, feeling faint after realizing how terrifyingly deep it was. He didn't give a warning as raised the knife yet again, running the blade on the side of his throat, a straight line from his chin and down to his collarbone. I was too occupied with the grotesque scene to notice how red his eyes have become.

Anti threw the knife away all of a sudden, making me flinch in surprise. "Witch..." He muttered to my dismay. "Why is this happening?..." His voice was barely above a whisper as he grabbed his own throat, as though finally realizing how much it probably has been hurting. "Witch... can't you heal me?" I froze when he looked at me, eyes blurry behind the tears that gathered in them.

I shook my head, placing my hand on top of his bloody one.

"I can't take it anymore..." He muttered. "Can't you do something?... Anything..."

"I'm sorry si-... master..." I sighed. "I can't heal. Not physically nor mentally."

"You are useless." He stared at me, wearing an expression I wish I never saw. "Everyone is useless..." He closed his eyes, lowering his hand and making me withdraw mine as well.

I just sat silently, having no idea what to do. I sighed, looking at the floor. I never saw the demon cry before, and god I wish I never have seen it either. I looked back up when I heard Anti sigh as he, sort of, calmed down.

"You know, I've been wondering for a while now." He suddenly sat straight, looking at me. "Technically Sam should be able to make you lose control, when he's connected to your nerves."