Perfect (Veggie)

Reggie's POV

I was dating the most gorgeous girl in school, well the one that was into guys. Veronica Lodge. She was the it girl and she chose to date me out of everyone.

I felt like I was on top of the world, but then it all came crashing down. I was diagnosed with dyslexia.

It wouldn't be a big deal in a giant city, but in the small town of Riverdale. I would be the laughingstock and I didn't want to lose Veronica. I had always had a hard learning to read and write but in High school it was obvious that I was having trouble.

My dad never wanted to admit that I was having issues because he was a little old fashioned but my mom helped me as much as she could.

Even after I was diagnosed, I didn't tell Veronica because I was worried she wouldn't want me anymore. I did everything I could to hide it from Veronica but it was really hard.

Veronica- "are you ready Reggie?" I looked up at her and I smiled. Reggie- "are you Roni? You normally take longer" she rolled her eyes with a smile on her face. I held out my arm for her she took it and rested her head on my shoulder. It was our weekly date night and this time we were going somewhere other then Pop's. I was nervous but I loved seeing Veronica happy. I was mainly worried because my reading had become a lot worse in the past couple weeks and we were going to a dark restaurant.

I tried to hide the fact that I was nervous but she could always see through me. Veronica- "thanks for planning this Reggiekins, I know how much you hate restaurants like this" I smiled and kissed the top of her head. Reggie anything for you Roni"

We went inside and got our table as the waitress handed us our menus. I immediately saw that It was difficult for me to read. I tried not to show it but I thought of a plan. I started to get up to go to the bathroom when just like I was hoping Veronica asked where I was going. Reggie- "just the bathroom" Veronica- "what if she comes back?" Reggie- "could you order something for me?" Veronica- "like what?" Reggie- "whatever you think I'll like" Veronica- "okay, but hurry back"

I nodded before walking to the bathroom. I waited for about ten minutes before I went back out. I saw drinks on the table and knew that she had already ordered and I let out a sigh of relief  before walking over to her

Veronica- "there you are, I was getting worried" Reggie- "Just not feeling great, what'd you get me" Veronica- "just the chicken, but you're seriously okay? You were gone for kind of a long time" Reggie- "yes, I promise I'm okay" Veronica- "o-okay"

I got through the rest of dinner and Veronica and I went back to her place. Veronica- "you're feeling better I hope" Reggie- "like I said Ron, I'm fine. It was just a blip" Veronica- (smiles) "good, because I hate it when you're sick" she kissed me quick before we went to bed

The next week was our final high school exams and I only had one more that I needed to pass and I was done. I walked in and I knew that it was going to be a rough day. I just really was having a hard time and about halfway through the test I got up and walked down the hallway a couple times just trying to clear my mind. I sat down on a bench outside the gym before I saw Veronica leave her exam

Veronica- "you're done already Reg?" Reggie- (sighs) "no, I'm j-just, having a hard time" I could see that she was worried about me and I knew I couldn't hide it from her anymore. Reggie- "I was diagnosed with Dyslexia a couple years ago and It's been a hard couple months with it"

I watched her reaction as she was trying to process it. Reggie- "I get it if you want to break up, you could go date Archie or somethin" Veronica- "what? Reggie I would never do that. I was going to ask if there was anything I could do to help" I looked up at her as she took my hand. Veronica- "I love you Reggiekins, no matter what" I smiled as she cupped my cheek. Veronica- "I just wish you would've told me sooner, I've been really worried about you"

She kissed my hand and stroked my cheek with her thumb. Veronica- "I knew something was up but I thought it was just you thinking about leaving me" Reggie- "are you kidding Ron, I love you too and I would never leave you" Veronica- (smiles) "I'm glad"

We sat together for about two more minutes before I sighed. Reggie- "I should probably go finish" Veronica- "yes, and I will be right here waiting for you" I smiled before kissing her and heading back to the classroom. I made it through the rest of the test and tried as I hard as I could. I think I did actually pretty well and was aboe to hang out with Veronica after

Veronica- "Reggie, thank you so much for telling me" she took a sip of her milkshake before continuing. Veronica- "I don't want any secrets between us, I just want happiness and the truth" Reggie- "I'll tell you everything from now on, I promise" Veronica- "good, because we're in this for the long term Reggiekins"

She grabbed my hand and turned it over before drawing circles on my palm. Veronica- "you really haven't told anyone Reggie, like the guys?" Reggie- "I was too scared to tell you Ron, I just don't want the guys to treat me any differently" Veronica- "aw Reg, I promise you they won't. Because if they do then I'll kick them on their asses"

Reggie- (chuckles) "they are terrified of you Roni" Veronica- (laughs) "I know, and that's why you should tell them. I promise every will be okay" Reggie- "okay Veronica, I will" Veronica- "and we can do whatever you want after, okay?" Reggie- "okay"

I did end up telling the guys on the team, and for the most part they were supportive. Excited for Julian Blossom but Roni quickly put him in his place. I started using tools that were helpful and I was able to graduate from NYU with fly colours. I proposed to Roni and we were a happy family and I was relieved that she didn't care that I wasn't perfect.