My Biggest Mistake (Beronica)

Veronica Lodge's POV

I was sitting on my bed holding the little white stick. I made the biggest mistake of my life, I cheated on my girlfriend Betty Cooper with her childhood best friend. She broke up with me because of it and Archie left me in the dust, I have no one

Hermione- "Mija? Is everything okay" shit! I tried to hide the test but it was too late.

Hermione- "ronnie, what's going on?"

I started crying again as she hugged me. Veronica- (cries) "I-I'm so sorry, it was one time" she continued hugging me which surprised me a little bit. After a couple of minutes I finally pulled away

Veronica- (sniffles) "what am I going to do? Archie left and Betty won't even look at me"  Hermione- "She has a very good reason not to, you hurt her ron" Veronica- "I was so stupid, I was drunk and didn't mean to" Hermione- "that doesn't mean she'll forgive you right away"

She stood up and walked to the door. Hermione- "you really love her don't you?" I nodded. Veronica- "with all my heart, I can't believe I hurt her the way I did" Hermione- "but you did, and now you have to decide what to do with that one" she pointed at my still flat stomach but we both knew it wasn't going to be like that for long. I slept with Archie almost four months ago.

Veronica- "I don't want to lose her" Hermione- "why don't you wait a week before going to see her, okay?" I nodded as she hugged me one more time Hermione- "let me know what you want to do" I nodded again as she left me alone. This was going to be the longest week of my life

It definitely felt long, luckily It was winter break so I didn't have school. I couldn't even be excited about Christmas and New years, All I could think was that next year I might be buying presents for my baby girl or boy. Finally I woke up and looked at my calendar. Finally, it's been a week! I got up and got dressed before packing a small bag, I knew she probably wouldn't even hear me out, but it was just in case. Hermione- "you're feeling better this morning"

Veronica- "I have to be, I need to talk to her" She laughed at me a little as I continued to run around my room, until I got to the test. I couldn't think so I just turned to my mom. Hermione- "tell her, she should know if she forgives you" I nodded before finishing my bag and running out the door

My palms were sweaty and there was pit in my stomach, even just seeing her again might make me puke but I have to go. I got the corner of on Elm street and took a deep breath. I slowly walked up to the door, it took every thing in my body to not give up and turn away but I stayed.

When the door opened I saw her standing there in her cute pink pyjama top an grey sleep shorts

Betty- "I thought I made it clear, stay away from me" she was about to close the door but I put my foot in between it and the frame. Veronica- (in tears)- "please Be, I need you. Just hear me out please" her eyes softened as I pleaded, she lowered her head and stepped aside so I could come in. I stepped inside and noticed that there was no one else there.

Veronica- (sniffles) "where's your um parents?" Betty- "out, but please stop" Veronica- "stop what?" Betty- "pretending that you actually care about me!" Her words broke my heart in two, I really do care about her but she doesn't think I do

Veronica- "Be I do care" she had started crying at this point, we made our way to the couch as she refused to look at me. Veronica- "I care about you, that's why I'm fighting for you" Betty- "you're lying! If you really cared you wouldn't have slept with him!" I knew she was right but I still had to try

Veronica- "I was wasted Be, and I know that doesn't make it better but I would never sleep with him sober. I know it's hard but I need your help, I can't do it alone" She finally looked at me. Betty- "need help with what?"

Veronica- (cries) "I can't tell you b-because you would never take me back even if you were thinking about it" she cupped my cheek, it surprised me when she smiled and looked at my lips. Betty- (softly) "tell me, please" Veronica- "I-I'm pregnant"

The room fell silent for several minutes, I couldn't read her face like I used to. After a while she took my hand and looked into my eyes. Betty- "I don't care anymore, it hurts too much to be away from you. You were my first girlfriend as you know and I tried to go out with Jughead Jones after we broke up, I realized it wasn't the relationship I missed.. it was you and only you"

I smiled so widely as she kissed my forehead. I was with the love of my life and I was never going to make the mistake again. I was worried about going to the doctors with Betty, I didn't want it to remind her of the mistakes I made.

Veronica-  "Y-You're staying right?" She smiled at me before taking my hand Betty- "I'm not going anywhere, but you should probably tell Archie" Veronica- "how? He's long gone by now" Betty kissed my cheek. Betty- "don't worry, everything is going to be fine"

Veronica- "I'll be apologizing for the rest of my life, I am so sorry. We wouldn't be in this situation if I had just listened to you and stayed at your hosue instead of going to the party-" she interrupted me with kiss. Betty- "I forgive you Ve, I love you" I smiled. Veronica- "I love you too"

A couple months later we welcomed our baby boy who we named Nathen Cooper, we eventually had to tell Mary and Archie but he didn't want any contact which was okay with us. I love my small family and I will forever be grateful to Betty for forgiving me after I made the worst mistake of my life, however it did give us our son

Now my First couple oneshot, I know it's a little boring but please forgive me 🩷🩷