My Girls (Beronica)

Betty Cooper's POV

I was sitting on my bed with Veronica holding on to my hand. I hadn't washed my hair in days and I was wearing the same stained sweater. I was staring at the two bassinets in the corner that had both of my two week old daughters laying in them as Veronica stroked my hand with her thumb

Veronica- (softly) "how are you Be?" Betty- (softly) "fine" but she knew I wasn't. Veronica- "I can watch them if you want to take a shower" Betty- "wow, subtle Ve" she sighed and hugged me. Veronica- "I'm saying this as your best friend and I love you to pieces but you smell like a barn"

Betty- (sighs) "fine, they shouldn't have to eat in the time I'm in the shower" she nodded as I stepped into the bathroom. After I got out of the shower I heard a little cry and watched Veronica pick up one of the babies through the crack in the door

Veronica- "hey sweet girl, I know your Mommy doesn't seem happy to have you but I know deep down she loves you, both of you. with all her heart. It's just hard for her" she picked up one of my daughters and took her over to the bed as I but my hand on my necklace. Veronica- "you three are going to be just fine"

I finished getting dressed before walking out to see them. Veronica had one on her chest so I went over and rubbed my daughters back. Veronica- "do you wanna take her Be?" I haven't really been holding them that much other then to feed them which sounds bad but they remind me of what happened. Betty- "N-No I'm okay"

I took my hand away as she tried to meet my eyes

Veronica- "I know it's hard, but maybe you should try" Betty- "I said no Ve, just leave it at that" I crossed my arms and turned away from them as she sighed. She stood up and put my daughter back in her bassinet before coming back over to the bed. She took my hand as I let a few tears roll down my face.

Veronica- "I know it hurts, I get it but it doesn't mean that you shouldn't be mad at them. They need you" Betty- (cries) "but I can't help them, I knew I couldn't do this! But my hormones clouded my judgement" Veronica- "and that's what's happening now, you're an amazing mother but you just need let them in"

I turned back to her and looked at her soft smile. She was always so careful with me. I also knew she wasn't going to give up, so I nodded as she stood up and grabbed Emery from her bassinet. She kept her hand underneath her as she placed her in my arms.

She was so tiny and precious, I had never really looked at either of my babies, it reminded me of the darkest chapter of my life but once I was holding Emery I felt.. happy?"

She let go after a couple of minutes and brought over Aria. I looked at both of them and smiled for the first time in almost a year. Betty- "they're mine Ve, not his. Mine" she smiled as a happy tears came out of both of our eyes.

Veronica- (smiles and sniffles) "that's what I've been trying to tell you Be, they're yours and nothing is ever going to change that" Betty- "I thought that If I looked at them for too long I would see parts of him.. but I don't. They're really like me" Veronica- "they're gorgeous and amazing just like their mother" I smiled as Veronica tucked a piece of hair behind my ear.

It was if time stopped and it was just the four of us in the world. I was grateful she'd moved in, in more ways then one. I loved seeing her everyday and I think she felt the same.

We've both had relationships with girls before but we never talked about us being a thing. I was going through so much at the time and there was never a chance, but now we had all the time in the world.

After almost thirty minutes we switched babies and I was holding Aria. For the first time I was actually able to smile and talk to my babies without feeling guilt or sadness. Betty- (sniffles) "hey sweetheart, I'm sorry I've been distant but I'm here for you.. both of you" I put my hand next to Emery's hand and she immediately put her tiny hand around my ring finger.

Veronica looked at me and smiled widely. It made me happy seeing her happy, and I knew that we could be thinking the same thing.

We sat with the babies for another hour before putting them down and sitting back on the bed

Betty- "Ve, can we talk?" She smiled and took my hand. Veronica- "I think I already know what you're going to say but of course" I giggled like a little girl before actually speaking. Betty- "I like you. I know you moved in just to help but I think you've helped a little too much because I can't stop thinking about you"

I bit my lip as she laughed back at my nervousness. Veronica- "of course I like you back Be, it's mainly the reason I moved in but you were going through so much that I didn't want to put more on you" I let out a huge smile as I cupped her face in my hands. Betty- (in tears) "you're sure? Cause I'm kind of a three person deal" she laughed again and put her thumb on my chin

Veronica- "I would love to be with you and the babies, I love all three of you" Betty- (giggles and sniffles) "we love you too" we both leaned in and kissed each other which was definitely something we both had wanted to do for a while,

A few years after we started dating, she surprised me with a picnic and an engagement ring. We had our wedding the same day we started dating and had our two perfect little flower girls. We didn't really go on a honeymoon, instead we stayed at home with our girls which is exactly what we both wanted

Emery- "Mommy, Momma?" Aria- "can we ask you guys something?" Veronica and I looked at each other and shrugged. Betty- "of course, c'mon up" they smiled and stormed our bed as I laid with Aria and Ve had Emery. Veronica- "what's up girls?" Aria- "well.. we were wondering" Emery- "we want a baby brother or sister"

Veronica and I looked at each other with wide eyes as the girls pleaded together. Aria- "it's just been the four of us for so long that maybe a sissy or brother would be fun" Emery- "yeah!"

Veronica- "why don't you leave it with mommy and I, okay?" Aria- "okay! Night night" They kissed our cheeks and ran out of the room giggling as Veronica and I turned to each other. Veronica- "so that was.." Betty- "unexpected" Veronica- "what do you want to do, I mean we never really talked about having any other kids"

I sighed. Betty- "The last time I found out I was pregnant, I had a pit in my stomach and was scared to death of what could've happened to me but I think it could be a fun thing" Veronica- "so you'd want to carry again?" Betty- "I've always felt like I ignored the fact that the twins were there and I feel so guilty that I wasn't good to them. I think I just want a do over"

Veronica- (smiles) "I think we can make that happen"

She kissed me as we cuddled. It didn't take very long for us to welcome our last daughter into the family. The abuse from my ex husband would never be truly gone but it's fading with the help of my girls

Hope you guys likes this one too! 💖😊