Chapter Sixty Five

"Crucio." Séraphine stood up, casting the spell towards the Headmaster.

The Professor, completely caught off guard, crumpled. His eyes were wide as tremors wracked his body. Harry shouted words like traitor at her, but she paid him no mind.

Laughing, the Dark Lord joined her side, "What a good witch. I might even forgive you now for killing my pet."

Séraphine smiled cruelly, allowing for the malicious Dark magic in her blood to consume her. She needed to enjoy his pain which caused a part of her to feel sick at making someone innocent suffer... But that's why a greater good existed, non? "She was weak to you, My Lord. Je suis fort. I can be of use. Witness a testament of my strength."

Continuing to cast the Cruciatus Curse on Dumbledore while Sebastian disarmed Harry from where he sat, Séraphine allowed for a whirlpool of magic to begin to form around her and the Dark Lord. Water would dissipate the potion, mixing into its contents. Wind would not. She could control the soluble and the solution like this. She casted Sebastian a meaningful glance and she swore the blood visibly drained from his face. He had an inkling of what she was planning to do. The light in his eyes extinguished, leaving behind a broken look on his face. A silent plea on his tongue. Her lips formed the silent words as a slid fell down her cheek.

Je t'aime.

Séraphine opened the vials of Dark potion with a wave of her hand and the whirlpool of magic became infused with the life-threatening potion. The Dark Lord would be engulfed with the potion meant to eradicate all traces of Dark Magic from his blood and through the venom instilled in the potion, it would also kill him.

But it would also kill Séraphine.

The Grim Demise

The potion caused the whirlpool to be an ominously dark purple color. It concealed them from view and the Dark Lord whipped his head around, scowling at the new development.

"What is this?" He held his hand out towards the edge, but hissed in pain when the potion started greedily eating at his hand, attacking his magic and his body. He turned his attention fully on her, "What did you do?"

"In the 17th and 18th century, there was the Muggle Age of Enlightenment. They came up with a motto that I think fits particularly well in this day and age." Séraphine regarded him coldly, smiling even as drops of the potion had begun to fall on her, and she too was being burned, "Liberté, égalité, fraternité."

Liberty.

Equality.

Fraternity.

There would come a day where Draco and her could freely love someone without the fear of putting them in harms way simply because of their blood status. It was meant to be a sign of purity and royalty among the Wizarding society, but it was nothing more than a blood curse. A curse against themselves, and their lovers and friends. She was happy for it to soon to be over.

Séraphine closed the diameter, causing the contents of the potion to start spreading all over their bodies. Her blood felt like it was lave, hot and burning her from the inside out. She could see that the Dark Lord was covered in the potion from head to toe and he was reaching towards her. His skin falling from his bones, exposing muscles and veins.