Chapter Forty Eight

"Excusez-moi, but I need to use the potions classroom to brew a few potions." Séraphine said not unkindly, but in a rush. "I'll be needing to disturb whatever les commérages session you have going on."

Hermione looked confused, "Les commer-what?"

"Gossip." Draco mused, ruffling her curls as he passed by, "Finally something you don't know, Granger."

Séraphine noted a small blush form on the angry Gryffindor's face, but she had more important things to worry about. Plus this was the witch Sebastian referred to as very pretty. Hmph.

"Do everyone a favor and shut your mouth, Malfoy." Hermione looked over at her, "I'll help you. I'm guessing a few wiggenweld's and a blood replenishing potion?"

Alright. Perhaps Séraphine could learn to like her.

She nodded, smiling. "Oui. That would be a great help."

Airing out the Truth

It had taken little time with Hermione helping before the potions were ready for Ominis and Sebastian. She had watched with idle amusement that Draco and Hermione appeared to bicker like her and Sebastian used to before getting into a relationship. Now she sat on her fiancé's lap while he tried to stomach down a blood replenishing concoction.

"Will you stop being a bébé, 'Bastien, and drink the potion." She turned in his lap, grabbing the potion from him, "Say 'ah.'"

Sebastian glanced at her wearily, "I don't like the t-" he almost choked as she placed the vial at his lips and tilted it upwards. He spluttered, "Woman, I am poor. You will get nothing out of killing me."

"I'll at least get some bloody silence and not have to listen to you." Ominis remarked, still in a foul mood.

Draco smirked, "Don't worry. There's a lot going on in the world and Granger's more concerned with how to pass a class rather than the fact that Potter's going to get killed soon."

"What do you mean killed soon?" Hermione said at the same time Harry said, "Did you not hear her talk when we were first years? 'We could be killed or worse expelled' was her motto whenever Ron or I had an idea." His voice went higher, mimicking her.

Ron balked. "Me? Bloody hell, it was always you! I'm just Harry Potter's best friend."

"We're not that annoying are we?" Sebastian muttered, flickering his eyes to Ominis.

The blind wizard in question shook his head sternly. "Surely not."

"What do you mean Harry's going to get killed soon?" Hermione repeated, crossing her arms as she stared at Draco.

Leaning against one of the potions table, Draco regarded her in a cool manner. "If you both haven't realized yet, Dumbledore won't be in charge much longer. The older weasel was right about that. Fudge wants Dumbledore out."

Harry pursed his lips, confused. "Why?"

"Use your brain cells. Don't you have one or two left or does Granger do all the thinking?" He rolled his eyes as if answering Harry's question was loaded, "He's worried that Dumbledore is trying to turn the students against the Ministry."

Hermione's eyes brightened. "Well, that would explain why Umbridge isn't teaching us anything useful in Defense Against the Dark Arts."

Draco nodded approvingly, "Precisely. The Ministry doesn't want you lot trained in combat."